Scared and need advice

Linda S.
on 4/27/04 11:07 am - Beachwood, NJ
I had my consult with Dr. Brolin on Friday and they are expecting the insurance approval this week. I have been on am emotional roller coaster since. I have more fear than any other emotion. If all goes well I will have my surgery within the next thirty days. I have no idea how I will feel or what to expect. I am feeling lost and scared right now. Any advice?
Amy B.
on 4/27/04 11:37 am - maple shade, NJ
Hello Linda , I felt the same way, but i knew this surgery was something that i had to do for my health so that i could have a future. I want to see my daughter grow up, i want to see her get married. Every time i started to doubt what i was going to do, or ever the few weeks following my surgery when i was questioning what have i done to my body i would read people's posts on the site who had their surgeries 6 months or a year ago. I read how they are doing things now that they never could of done before. I read how much weight they have lost and how they are so much healthier now. That is all i need, and i feel 100% better, that is going to be me in 6 months to a year, and without this surgery i would of never got there ( i know this because i have tried and failed at so many other diets and programs) so maybe if you just keep that in mind, that after you do get this approval, and you get your date you are so much closer to the new healthy you. Just keep focous on your goals what ever they are and that should over come your fears. Atleast that is what has been working for me, and if every once inawhile you need a little extra support, the people on this site have helped to life my spirits more than a few times they are all so awesome. > keep your head up Linda.
Irene S.
on 4/27/04 2:26 pm - NJ
Of course you would feel that way! This is a big change, so it's natural to be feeling like you're on a roller coaster. You've done your homework so you know what to expect, and you'll do fine. Keep thinking positive thoughts. Remember the reasons that made you want to seek surgery and that'll help you get through it. Think of all the positive ways your life will change for the BETTER! irene
Most Active
Recent Topics