I'm Not Stressing-Week Two

jlewisjr
on 4/23/04 1:02 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: It's been 31 weeks since my surgery and for the second week in a row I have not loss any weight. The good news is that I have not gained anything either. Now before all you "experts" come out of the woodwork to impart your "expertise", please realize that I'm well aware that plateaus will happen in every weight loss journey. Please note the title of my post. I'M NOT STRESSING. In 31 weeks I have lost 158 pounds and 18 inches off my waist. In 10 previous years of weight loss attempts results like this has never happened. I am 10 pounds below my goal of 225 pounds and could not be healthier and happier for a 47 year old man. I can shop where I want and choose from a wide selection of clothing that was a pipe dream just a year ago. I can sit in a regular chair and have room to spare, I can sit in a booth in a restaurant with plenty of room to spare, I can sit in a coach airplane seat and fasten the seat belt and actually have to tighten it. I'm not looking to be rail thin because I was never rail thin. I'm maintaining my routine of Protein, Water and Exercise. In fact, the guys at the gym are very impressed with my progress in my weight training program. Not bad for a old guy. I feel great in the body I'm in and I know that the weight loss is slowing down. That's why I"M NOT STRESSING. Till next time Jesse 373/215/-158
IrishIze
on 4/23/04 2:54 am - NJ
Hi Jesse, I'm really impressed with your weight loss and your obvious commitment to a healthy lifestyle. I think it's great that you're not stressing, because that might deter you from your goal. I have just begun the weight loss journey, and it amazes me that the surgery works so well for people. I love to hear the success stories, and yours is a very encouraging one. Thanks for sharing, and continued success! Nancy
Patti S.
on 4/25/04 10:21 am - North Haledon, NJ
Jesse: I do not know if this will work. My surgeon told me that your body knows when you have lost enough weight. So maybe you body is telling you you have lost enough and that you look real fine Patti 8 weeks post -87
Most Active
Recent Topics