Your opinion please

Zulema R.
on 4/21/04 2:52 am - New York, NY
I have an appointment with my pcp, should i go ahead myself and ask for pulmonary/cardio/ u/s upper gi psy nutrition appoinment b4 my consultaion. My consultation is on may 7
Denise W.
on 4/22/04 12:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
If you know those are the tests your surgeon will require, I'd say go for it. It takes so long to get all the results back, a jump start shouldn't hurt anything (I sure wished I had!). Good luck! Denise
cmr3399
on 4/22/04 2:04 am - Bayville, NJ
I too would love to get a jump start on appointments...when calling to I have to ask for specific testing or just a general workup...any info would be helpful... Christine
Denise W.
on 4/22/04 4:55 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Most surgeons have specific tests you need to take. In my case, it was an echo, gall bladder test, consult with a pulmonologist, which led into a sleep apnea study and lung testing and a chest X-ray. Had I known to have these tests ahead of time, I could have gotten my surgery date a month or two sooner. Since each surgeon requires different tests, I'd start by finding out who's used your surgeon in the past and ask what tests he/she requires. You can also try calling the office and ask for his nurse and ask her (though I don't know how cooperative they'll be). We're part of a support group, so we can now share our knowledge with those going through the procedure, so if you're going to join a support group put together by your surgeon, there will be people there that can tell you what he/she requires. Good luck! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics