Need to find new doctor, need your help!!!

Dawn is D.
on 4/19/04 1:56 am - Dayton, NJ
Well, I was all ready to go. My surgery was scheduled for today, April 19th. I received a call from my Doctor on friday that the surgery needs to be postponed. I have since found out the real reason for the postponement and need to find a new surgeon. I am so sad and disappointed, I was so close..... I have narrowed it down to 3 doctors and need REAL, HONEST and TRUTHFUL information. You can e-mail me at [email protected] The three I am thinking of are: Dr. Jordan Garrison Dr. Feteiha Dr. Edward McLean Thank you so much. I feel like I can only rely on my fellow friends on this board.
jmdacc
on 4/19/04 2:20 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Dr. McLean was my surgeon, and I'm very pleased. I had Lap RNY on 03/09/04 at Somerset Medical Center. I would recommend him and his partner, Dr. Ward, to anyone. You can email me if you have specific questions. I have not heard of Dr. Garrison or Dr. Feteiha. I recommend that you call each doctor's office and find out when their next free public seminar for each of the doctors that you're interested in. Most doctors have them each month. You will get a chance to meet them in person and judge them for yourself. Your comfort level with your surgeon is important enough to do this, even if it means you have a few more weeks to wait. Best of luck, Jennifer M
Debbie M.
on 4/19/04 4:24 am - ocean county, NJ
hi dawn, sorry to hear about your surgery, but do not worry, you may have to wait a lil' bit longer but it will happen. as far as doctors go, i used Dr. Trevedi, he is out of hackensck hospital, if you are in central NJ, it will only take 1 hour to get there. they do the seminar fist, and then you make your appointment, my best advice is to go to the seminar ASAP, and then meet w/ him or Dr. Schmidt, they are both wonderful, and worth the drive. thier # is 201-646-0060, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me . good luck debbie
jlewisjr
on 4/19/04 9:35 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Dawn: I had my surgery with Dr. Garrison in September, 2003 and I've lost 158 pounds. He is very good and makes his patients and their families feel like kings and queens. You can read my profile to get more info. You can contact his office at 973-877-5059 and ask for his office manager Donna. She also had the surgery. In fact, Dr. Garrison is giving a lecture at the West Orange Public Library on April 28th. Donna can give you the details. Jesse 373/215/-158
Bonita P.
on 4/19/04 11:50 pm - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi Dawn, So sorry that you have to go through this. I to had to switch Dr's at the last minute. I have switched to Dr. Feteiha. I will have my surgery on May 12th. Dr. Feteiha is really great! He is very informitive and caring. I hope that all goes well for you in the future. Bonita
oma B.
on 4/20/04 2:38 am - Rockaway, NJ
My vote goes to Dr. Garrison. I was extremely impressed with him. I have been to several support groups as well. Unfortunately my insurance co. denied me the first time out and I am waiting for a response to my first and hopefully only appeal. I have met Jessie, donna and many others. They will all tell you he is wonderful. Good luck with whomever you choose. Sue
Dawn is D.
on 4/20/04 8:59 am - Dayton, NJ
Thank you everyone for all of your advice and help. I have an appointment tomorrow at 2:15 with Dr. McLean and waiting to hear back from Dr. Garrison's office. Your help really steered me in the right direction. Please keep me in your prayers as I embark on this journey once again. I seem to be fighting a real case of depression. Today would have been the 2nd day of my new "re-birth". Thank you again! Dawn
njquintana1
on 4/21/04 1:38 am - Colonia, NJ
hi, I know he is not on your list but i noticed you have njplus, so do I. I went to Dr. Nicolas Bertha and it didn't cost me a dime. He is in Morristown. Roger
Debi F.
on 4/27/04 1:53 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hi Dawn, I had my lap rny on March 15th, 2004 and Dr. Feteiha was my surgeon. He is a fantastic surgeon. I had absolutely no complications and feel great - I've lost 34 pounds in 6 weeks. Dr. Feteiha is very thorough and extremely neat and clean - which was really important to me. He treated me and my family so nicely too. I read alot of people that have to wait 6 months or more for there surgery dates and I realize how lucky I was with Dr. Feteiha - everything went exactly as was scheduled. I went for the consult the first week of Dec. 2003, made my first appt with him in January, finished gathering my information for Oxford and saw him again in February - which is when we picked a surgery date of March 15th! All done very quickly. Best of luck to you with whoever you choose - and if you have any other questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. Debi
Most Active
Recent Topics