Thanks! and questions about recovery time

suesue422
on 4/13/04 11:27 am - Voorhees, NJ
Hi There, First I just wanted to thank you guys here for the words of encouragement, advice and support. It means so much to come here and be greeting with such a warm reception! To those of you who have had the any of the weight loss surgeries, I am curious of your recovery time. I still have to determine which surgery is best for me, but I'm guessing at this point it will be a laproscopic surgery with (hopefully) a minimal recovery time. Anyone who is willing to share their recovering experiences, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm concerned about getting the time off from work. I work as a proofreader and am, at the moment, the only one in the office. Since I do have a desk job, I don't have to worry about lifting or anything like that. I realize that each person's recovery is different, but I'm curious to know how long I can expect to be out of work. Once I get through all the doctor and insurance issues, it's work to deal with. Have any of you had trouble with getting the time off from work? And did you tell your empolyers the details of your surgery? I'd appreciate any feedback or advice! Thanks in advance!
jmdacc
on 4/16/04 12:47 am - Bridgewater, NJ
A co-worker with a desk job had Lap RNY and came back after 2 weeks. I had Lap RNY, I have a desk job, and I had to take 3 weeks - I just wasn't ready. Good luck.
SAVAGE
on 4/16/04 5:21 pm - Howell, NJ
Hi Sue, well I have not had my WLS yet but have had other surgeries. with my open hystrectomy i was out 6 weeks. Now as for when I have the WLS I plan on taking 6 to start as I want to be able to handle foods ect not wondering if it will agree with you , stay down, RUN through you ect. Plus I do 12 hr shifts so I want to make sure I am on the mind. Hopefully I will have it done lap unless other issues arise in surgery! God Forbid. So if I were you I would say at least 4 weeks to be safe with the food adjustments, your body healing ect. good luck joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics