Damn those Italian pastries!

Nannette
on 4/12/04 12:48 am - Toms River, NJ
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday -- How did you do food-wise? Although I eat, of course, less than I did prior to WLS, I still stick those, oh so bad sweets (since I don't dump) in my mouth during weak moments when I don't stop to think -- bad habits, I guess.... Yesterday, I ate a canoli AND a napoleon! Today, my scale showed a 2# gain. Damn those guests and their Italian pastries!!!! How did you do?
DJ
on 4/13/04 7:26 am - Parsippany, NJ
Holidays are always tough... I haven't had the surgery yet.. but you know what I do .. and you look like a thoughtfull hostess--- wrap them up for your guests to take home.
Libralin
on 4/20/04 12:24 pm - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hi Nannette! Hope you had a great holiday too! I had the Adjustable LapBand on 3/25. While everyone else ate Ravioli and the like, I brought my food to my brothers house. I had a meatball with some sauce smashed up and I put 2 tablespoons of part skim ricotta in the dish..Tasted just like lasagna!...For dessert I brought my jello s/f f/f pudding...I didnt miss the pastries and brownies...Long as I had some coffee I was set! Everyone was asking me if I wanted ice cream since it would be soft..I yelled! Are you crazy??? It doesnt mean I can eat high calorie stuff! Still have to watch!...I guess it will take time to educate them!! They still dont get it...They have gotten better..at least now they are not so negative about having weight loss surgery..instead of saying "Dont you have any willpower?" Yeah, right! Linda M. from Parsippany NJ
Most Active
Recent Topics