Anyone know?

Cynthia H.
on 4/6/04 11:08 pm - Middletown, NY
I live in West Milford, NJ. Does anyone know where there's a free Bariatric Support group meetings in my area? I had my surgery in December and have lost 65lbs thus far with 45lbs to go, but I have not attended any support group meetings, since I do not know where to go in this area. I would LOVE to meet new friends and others who are going through the same experience of post operative Bariatric Surgery. ............THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!
jeh
on 4/7/04 11:53 am - Mt. Holly, NJ
Sorry I don't know of any in your area, but that could be because I am not sure where West Milford is !! I live near Trenton and work just south of that in Mt. Holly, Burlington County. I am trying to find one in my area too. Have you tried your local hospital? Or does your surgeon have a support group meeting? Mine has one monthly but it is very large and in Philadelphia. It is free and provided by the hospital where the surgery was performed. Hope you find one near you.
lorien
on 4/7/04 10:12 pm - morris county, nj
I attend one at Hackensack Hospital, if you're interested there's one this Friday night, 6:30ish (they never start on time) Hekemian Auditorium. Also, I know Chilton Hospital in Pompton Plains is doing bariatric surgery, I'm sure they have one as well.
Linda 1.
on 4/8/04 7:33 am - Northern, NJ
There is a support group in Paramus the first and third monday of every month run by the MORE foundation, the post op patient group of Dr. Benotti, all are welcome to attend and the schedule is on their web site. www.morefoundation.org
DONNA W.
on 4/8/04 11:49 pm - LINDENWOLD, NJ
Rancocas Valley Surgical Assoc. holds meetings at Rancocas Medical Center in Willingboro, NJ. They are free unless you are going to have surgery with them, then they ask for $950. You can check their website for their phone number to find out what nights, I believe it is bi-weekly. The website is www.drthin.com Congratulations!
Debbie M.
on 4/9/04 8:06 am - ocean county, NJ
HI CYNTHIA, I THINK THEY RUN SUPPORT GROUP METTINGS AT HACKENSACK HOPSITAL. PROBABLY 1 OR 2 TIMES PER MONTH, TRY CALLING THEM.
cricket_nj
on 4/11/04 5:34 am - Butler, NJ
Hi Cynthia! I live in Bloomingdale and attend the meetings at Hackensack. The folks in that group are awesome and extremely down to earth. Where was your surgery performed? Perhaps they have a group. Debbie B
Most Active
Recent Topics