Local Support Group?

jeh
on 4/6/04 12:05 pm - Mt. Holly, NJ
I recently had Lap RYN in Pennsylvannia Hospital with Dr Schuricht. I have been going to his support group meetings each month but would love to find one locally and maybe not as big. His are about 150+ people and it is a bit unproductive sometimes. I live in Burlington Co. I work in Mt. Holly and live in Florence Twp. It is jsut south of Trenton by about 15 minutes. Are there any meetings going on in the area? I am looking for smaller a group with alot of sharing. Let me know if there are any of you out there.
Amy B.
on 4/6/04 2:21 pm - maple shade, NJ
Hello Jane, How are you? I recently had the surgery done also, 3-24-04. I live in burlington county also but way down near camden county. I too am looking for some sort of small support group to attend. Let me know if you find anything. I am going to my dr's next week for my 3 week check up and im pretty sure that he would have some information for place's around here i will ask him, if you find out anything let me know please.
Denise W.
on 4/7/04 3:14 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Amy! We're neighbors, I live in Maple Shade too! I belong to a support group, but it cost to join it. There are a lot of people in MS who's had the surgery, it's funny how many I've come across the past year. I'm thinking we need to come up with a local group. I know a free one use to meet at Kennedy Hospital in Cherry Hill once a month, but I don't know if it's still there and when. Maybe try calling the hospital and asking the operator if she/he knows of it? I'm going to give the library a call and see if they don't offer rooms for meetings. Wouldn't it be nice to have one so close to home?? Congrats on coming to the other side and get prepared for lots of fun experiences! I just recently figured out why I suddenly feel like a little kid driving my car now - my butt's gone, so I sit lower in my seat!! :0) Denise
Amy B.
on 4/7/04 4:01 am - maple shade, NJ
Hello Denise Nice to meet ya. IF there are so many local people who have had the surgery maybe we should look into doing a local support group, I'm not aloud to drive yet but i am hoping that maybe after my 3 week visit i will be cleared for driving but would love to go to some kind of support group meeting when i am able to drive again. So keep me posted And congrats on the MIA butt sounds like you are doing awesome.
jeh
on 4/7/04 11:41 am - Mt. Holly, NJ
Hello, ladies! Maple Shade is not all that far from Mt. Holly were I work. Just down Rt 38 past Rt 295 about 6 miles. I have my own business and I do have a room that I rent out that we could use if we wanted to. (I own a restaurant, please do not hang me!! ) I have heard that the groups that charge a fee,use the $$ to pay speakers or advertising. I am really not looking for something that formal. Maybe just a place to talk and discuss how life is going and what we are doing and not doing. We are all on the same journey, just some of us are at different points along the way. Let me know if you hear of any groups in the area looking for a newbie. My place is always there if needed.
Amy B.
on 4/7/04 1:57 pm - maple shade, NJ
WOW Jane that sounds awesome . I have no idea what we would need to do to get some sort of group started, but i would love to attened if we could get something going. Mt Holly isn't far from here at all.
Most Active
Recent Topics