Keep reaching out for support - it works

janice M.
on 4/2/04 4:58 am - mullica hill, NJ
Just wanted to check in and give an update. I was so scared shortly before surgery on 3/22/04 and moments after surgery I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life. Because I used the obesityHelp line and called people who had the surgery before, I was able to feel consoled and received even more comforting suggestions. I am now 10 days post-op, I have lost 20 pounds and I feel better and better every day. The eating plan is beginning to be an important part of my life. I do not feel sorry for myself but excited and actually free. I saw an ad for a diet club and I had such a feeling of freedom that I do not have to keep searching any longer for a solution to my problem. The biggest suggestion I can give people because the first week is the hardest, keep in touch with online and make calls to anyone who can support you. Thank God for all the lovely people who would talk to me. Good luck and God Bless All Of YOu. Jan [email protected]
jlewisjr
on 4/2/04 8:16 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Janice: Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep up the positive attitude and you will find that you will have many happy days ahead. Just stick to your plan and things will turn out great. Take care, Jesse
SJWendy
on 4/4/04 10:12 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Jan, I'm glad to hear your doing well.....I was just thinking about you. Hopefully you received my e-mail from the other day. Well give me a call or e-mail when you can so we can share our WL experiences. I maybe heading to Wash. Lake Park on Tuesday, if your interested in walking...well if the weather cooperates. Your neighbor, Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics