State Employees?

Angela D.
on 4/1/04 8:33 am - Mahway, NJ
Hi. I'm considering taking a job with DYFS, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with their health care plans. I assume the same haelth care plans service all state employees. Do they cover the surgery? Thank you Angela
Linda 1.
on 4/1/04 10:45 am - Northern, NJ
I have the traditional state health benifit plan (Horizon blue cross/blue shield) and in October of 2002 they paid for my surgery with absolutely NO problems....quick approval and they paid for everything, including all my pre-op testing. I don't know if things have changed since then, but just give them a call, they told me by phone that RNY was covered when medically necessary.
cricket_nj
on 4/3/04 2:40 pm - Butler, NJ
Hi Angela. I have Horizon BC/BS NJ Plus through the State Health Benefits Plan. I have had no problems with anything so far (knock on wood). The surgeon, hospital, and anestheiologist are all 100% covered. I had no problems at all with approval. My date is this Thursday so, knowing it's covered is a relief! Debbie
njquintana1
on 4/7/04 12:07 am - Colonia, NJ
hi, I have NJPLUS, all was covered in network with Dr. Bertha in Morristown except for the psch consults which were covered out of network. I paid no more than $200 for the surgery out of pocket, that is excellent. Roger
Most Active
Recent Topics