Help, anybody not lose the required weight loss by Dr. Abkin???

Rosemary B.
on 3/24/04 8:42 pm - NJ
Hello, Dr. Abkin of NJ requires patients to lose some weight before surgery. In my case it was 10 - 20 pounds before surgery. I only had a month to do this. I haven't lost this amount. Maybe 3-5 pounds at the most. Has anybody run into this problem and did you still have the surgery? Or, did he cancel it? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sue J.
on 3/24/04 9:37 pm - Whiting, NJ
Hi Rosemary, I went to the pre-op class yesterday with Dr Bertha and I am waiting to see if they cancel me because I have gained 20 lbs since November because I did quit smoking. Linda said it probably would be ok so I think your loss isnt going to make a difference...I will let you know if I get a phone call. I think since your surgery is Monday it should be ok? I will see you in the halls...(March 30th) Sue
Rosemary B.
on 3/24/04 9:39 pm - NJ
Thanks Sue. I did ask Linda at my Pre-op class what would happen if I didn't lose the weight. She said that as long as I didn't gain that I would probably be ok. I get weighed in tomorrow so I'll see what happens. Good luck to you as well. I'll keep my eye out for you at the hospital.
Sue J.
on 3/25/04 11:40 am - Whiting, NJ
I am NOT cancelled so I will see you next week...YYYIIIPPPEEEE
Rosemary B.
on 3/25/04 7:59 pm - NJ
Great! I hope to see you there. Good Luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics