I'm Going International!!!

jlewisjr
on 3/24/04 9:35 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: Today I had the privilege of being interviewed by the New York Bureau Chief of LIBERATION, one of three national newspapers in France (yes, the France where Paris is located). He is doing a piece on the recent government report about obesity moving up to number two behind smoking on the preventable death scale and how obese people deal with discrimation. According to him, Europeans have the perception that Americans are a bunch of lazy, fat people and he wanted to get the American perspective. He came to my office and we spoke for about an hour. I wanted him to see both sides of the fence. We talked about before and after surgery and the differences in the way I feel and the way others percieve me. He also asked me about the report and what I thought our government should do. If you see me being followed by the CIA let me know (LOL). I am one of three people he will be featuring in the article. When the piece is published I will receive a copy but to read it, brush up on your French. Jesse
Tara B.
on 3/24/04 9:31 pm - Eatontown, NJ
cool!!! that is awesome.
Jenindi75
on 3/30/04 1:20 am - Union City, NJ
C'est tres bien, Jesse. Bonne chance!! (That's great and good luck). You seem to be doing so well post-op. I just had my surgery 3 weeks ago. I'm still adjusting. Jennifer 03/08/04 288/-30
Most Active
Recent Topics