Any one recently have surgery by Dr. Mangat?

Dina S.
on 3/22/04 1:46 am - west berlin, NJ
I am new to this site and was wondering has anyone recently had surgery with Dr. Mangat? I am waiting for approval from the insurance co and have a date of April 9th. I was looking in his forum and saw someone said they heard he is not doing the proceedure at Virtua in Voorhees any more because he lost too many pts., does anyone know this to be true? Please email ([email protected]) me with any info. Thanks, Dina
Denise W.
on 3/22/04 4:32 am - Maple Shade, NJ
The doctor who's with Virtua in Voorhees, who's not doing the surgery anymore is Dr. Mechallian (not sure of the spelling). I've never heard of a Dr. Mangat with Virtua. If your'e looking for an excellent surgeon with Virtua, try Dr. Christopher Boynton - he's the best!! Good luck, Denise
SAVAGE
on 3/27/04 1:20 pm - Howell, NJ
Dina, if i even suspected the doctor had lost to many patients it would be a red flag. There are to many good doctors out here to even chance. ask your insurance company for other doctors whjo do WLS. Even if you had to drive a bit it would be better than taking a chance with a doctor with a bad reputation. Good Luck Joyce
auntiej82
on 3/30/04 1:51 pm - Westville, NJ
Dina, I had surgery on November 5th, 2003. Dr Manigat was my surgeon. I had my surgery at Underwood Hosp. in Woodbury, N.J. I have full faith in Dr. Manigat and his staff. The office staff (espcially Alfie and Fady) are the best!. I am almost 5 months post-op and have lost over 80lbs. I found out after my surgery that Dr. Manigat had done my emergency gall-bladder removal back in 1986!! Alfie found my name twice in the office computer and the second entry (actually the first) had my OLD address on it. Then we figured out WHY, because Dr. Manigat had done my gall-bladder operation way back!!. Dr. Manigat came to see me every day in the hospital and even changed my drain dressings HIMSELF! He is hard to get into to see sometimes, so be patient! If you really want this surgery, then he's your guy! Best of luck Jeannene
Most Active
Recent Topics