Desperate need of a doctor that will except Medicaid.

alicia H.
on 3/20/04 4:01 am - perth amboy, nj
I am a resident of Perth Amboy, NJ . I am in desperate need of a doctor that will except Medicaid for the gastric bypass surgery. I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall. Every doctor that I have talked to has stopped taking Medicaid or will be very soon. If any one knows of a doctor in New Jersey. that will except Medicaid, your help would be greatly apreciated. P.S I will travel anywhere in NJ.
lorien
on 3/20/04 7:06 am - morris county, nj
If memory serves me correctly, there was a gal at my support group who had Medicaid. I believe she used Dr. Garth Ballantyne out of Hackensack Hospital (which by coincidence was my doc, and I LOVED him). Give him a call. Good luck. Linda
Joisey_Girl
on 3/20/04 8:07 am - NJ
Hi Alicia, Last week I telephoned NJ Bariatrics, PC in Monmouth Junction and was advised they "only take Medicare". Not sure of the difference between Medicare and Medicaid, but have you called this surgeon's office?
Nannette
on 3/20/04 11:22 am - Toms River, NJ
Although not in NJ, they are in Staten Island, not far from you in Perth Amboy -- United Surgical Associates - 718 226 1300 -- I believe they take Medicaid and Medicare. Check them out -- They were my surgeons (McMullen, Coppa) and are great. Good luck.
Barbara G.
on 3/21/04 12:05 am - Hainesport, NJ
If you will travel in NJ why not go over the bridge to Phila University of Pennsylvania in the top 5 hospitals in the USA and see Dr Noel Williams he takes Medicare and AARP and my surgery is for the 23rd of this month. He has a loss rate of 1 in 5000. I would travel anywhere to have him, I live in NJ also Moorestown the hospital also insists in a nutrition class and physc evualation which is of befit to you especially the nutrition class. And the contact with the nutritionist by email or the doctors staff either by phone or email is great. And, I have an extra strike against me having emphysema going into this surgery and I have confidence with Dr Williams. They as I put it bigger and better toys (equipment) than the Jersey hospitals!!!!!!
blank first name B.
on 4/7/04 9:04 pm
try Somerset Medical Center...908-685-2200
Most Active
Recent Topics