surgery 3/22/04

janice M.
on 3/18/04 10:00 pm - mullica hill, NJ
Hi! I've been so nervous this week with surgery approaching and I get scared. I'm in south jersey but the hospital is 2 1/2 hours in Morristown, NJ. I feel confident about my doctor but I guess I just need prayers and help in calming down. We're staying in a hotel near the hospital Sunday night so we aren't fighting traffic Monday morning before surgery. I would love to have a online-pal to talk to also. Jan Maatje, Mullica Hill, NJ www.jannyma48@aol.com Thanks and best wishes to all of you, Jan
Libralin
on 3/19/04 6:03 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hi Janice, Good luck to you for your upcoming surgery...Im having mine on 3/25 at Morristown also. Dr. Bertha is doing the lap band surgery for me. Im nervous too. Just ask the nurse to make sure they give you something to calm you down. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes. Email me when you come home from the hospital. Ill only be in for same day. If you are there for a few days, Ill ask the nurse where you are and try and visit. Ok...Praying for you...Linda from Parsippany
janice M.
on 3/19/04 9:56 am - mullica hill, NJ
Thank you so much for your support letter. That would be great to see you. This is certainly a big undertaking. Good luck to you and God Bless. Keep in touch. Jan
janice M.
on 3/24/04 8:52 pm - mullica hill, NJ
Hi Linda, Good luck today. I think you are probably at the hospital. I came home yesterday and I'm pretty tired. Drinking the protein drinks and a bad taste in my mouth are the hardest things so far since I'm home. Surgery is a pretty big thing. I had about 90 pounds to lose but I have medical conditions that made it a sensible choice for me but unfortunately my friends and some of my family thought I was crazy. I still look forward to a possible outcome. Good luck to you and keep in touch when you're up to it. Jan
lorien
on 3/20/04 7:04 am - morris county, nj
Congratulations! & Good Luck on your upcoming surgery. 5/29 is my one year anniversary. You're gonna be fine . . . . Yes its major surgery, but its going to change your life so so much. I had mine at Hackensack. Please give me a write. I've met so many beautiful people thru this web site. Hugs and luck, Linda
marie P.
on 3/21/04 4:15 am - mantua, NJ
Hi Jan my name is Marie and I live in Mantua Nj. i am hoping to have my surgery in may at temple hospital. My sister had her surgery on 2/16/04 and is doing ok. I will say a prayer for you and hope to keep in touch with you. Here is my e-mail address [email protected] write to me and let me know how you are doing god bless, marie
janice M.
on 3/21/04 7:33 am - mullica hill, NJ
Hi Marie, It was so great to hear from you, my neighbor. I am in ahotel in Morristown, NJ waiting for my surgery tomorrow at 10:15a.m. We came up today to avoid the traffic tomorrow and my husband brought his computer. My nerves are calmer than earlier this week but I still get crazy thoughts. I just keep thinking - no more sleep apnea, high blood pressure, etc. Thank you for your prayers and I will email you when I get home. Give you sister my good wishes for a speedy recovery. hugs and blesssings. Jan
marie P.
on 3/22/04 2:44 am - mantua, NJ
Hi Jan, was glad to have heard from you, going early is surly smart. You can get yourself relaxed as best you can and not have to get all tied up with the traffic, thus more frazzling your nerves. I know that you will be fine, this is something you have thought about and prayed for for a long time. I am in the same boat with the sleep apnea, but i also have diabetes(needles) and hypothyroid and hypertension ,copd ,degenitive disc diesease and ostoarthiritis . So, I have prayed for this for about a year while i searched the internet I use oxygen for sleep along with my c-pap and a neibilizer for my copd. I hope this is going to help make the change i am looking for so i can go on and do the thing i most want to do (become a social worked) (this is my goal)and i need to be able to move without the pain and breath. Well enough about me you need to rest and relax and know there are many people out here that are saying prayers for you and are smiling big smiles too. God Bless, Marie P.
Most Active
Recent Topics