Looking for South Jersey Support Groups...

astjester
on 3/17/04 2:13 am - Glassboro, NJ
Anyone have any ideas? I live about 15 minutes south of Philly on the Jersey side.
Denise W.
on 3/17/04 3:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Donna, There's an awesome support group, called New Beginnings, in Voorhees, NJ. There's a cost involved, but I don't know what it would be for someone who's post-op from a different surgeon (joining NB is a requirement by my surgeon and a couple of others, to have the surgery performed). This group is run every Thursday night, but a psychologist and there are also weekly nutrition classes too, if necessary. To find out what the cost is, you can e-mail www.virtua.org. There's information on there about the New Beginnings program and a place to e-mail questions, I believe (it's been a while since I was there). Take care, Denise
Joe D.
on 3/17/04 6:12 pm - Malaga, NJ
South Jersey Bariatric Support System was created to give support to gastric bypass patients. We are open to pre-operative and post-operative patients of any surgeons, and also to those who are still in the researching phase of gastric bypass surgery. Our local group meets every other Friday night at 7pm at the Bankbridge Regional School in Sewell, NJ. For info, contact [email protected]. Next meeting is this Friday, March 19. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/SJBSS/
janice M.
on 3/19/04 10:24 am - mullica hill, NJ
Hi Donna, I live in Richwood which is very close to you. I am having my surgery on March 22nd. Did you have your surgery yet? If I hear of any support groups I will keep in touch. I am having my surgery at Morristown Hospital, Morristown, NJ Where are you having yours. Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics