Hello

Kathy S.
on 3/16/04 4:14 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
I am new to this group and I am one of the luckly ones. My insurance approved by operation but I am scared to death. My surgery is June 9 and I have been setting up all my test. I have been fat my entire life, except when I was expecting. Everyone tells me that I should not be scared and this could add 30 years to my life. Thanks for listening Kathy
Rosemary B.
on 3/16/04 8:33 pm - NJ
Hi Kathy, Welcome! My surgery is scheduled for March 29th and like you, I am terrified but I am also very excited about it. You will go through so many emotions between now and then. The only thing that I can suggest which has helped me is talking to people, ie: your support system and this board which is really great. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive. Feel free to ask any questions or even just chat. Best of luck to you.
Kathy S.
on 3/17/04 4:37 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
Hello everyone I went to a support meeting and feel better about the surgery. My doctor was there and he told me that the operation would take only two hours. This made me feel better. I donot worry about pain just the surgery. I never had a operation. I am going to have the surgery. Right now I am scheduling all my test. I am healthy person. No heart problems, no cholestral problems and I exercise three days a week at curves. I even go to weigh****chers and lost 15 libs in 7 weeks. I wish Rosemary the best with your surgery and you are in my prayers. I teach in a Catholic High School and all my students will be praying for you on March 29. Thanks for listening Kathy
Rosemary B.
on 3/17/04 8:11 pm - NJ
Thank you Kathy. Your prayers are much appreciated.
lorien
on 3/16/04 9:09 pm - morris county, nj
Welcome to the site! Its normal to be nervous. Heck, I'm the worst white coat phobic on this planet. My surgery was 5/29/03 and it is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself. If you have any questions, or just want to chat, give me an e-mail. Hugs, Linda
Barbara M.
on 3/17/04 1:10 am - Delran, NJ
I was just where you are! My surgery was January 27, and I was terrified. It annoyed me, because so many others around me seemed not to be nervous, and couldn't wait for their surgery day! Let me comfort you by saying that it is normal to be afraid, but if you have done your research and are confident in the skill of your surgeon, then you need not fear! Look forward to all of the benefits that will soon be your reward! It's so very worth it! I will pray for you! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics