Just had surgery

Denise R.
on 3/16/04 4:13 am - Whiting, NJ
Hi all. this is my first time on. Can anyone tell me of support groups in my area. I live in Whiting. I had my surgery 3/8/04, by Dr. Abkin in Morristown Memorial. All in all a good experience. Dr.Abkin was wonderful. The nurses in the hospital were beyond fantastic. They worked very hard at making things as comfortable as they could. Very kind and supportive. Just a quick note of hello. Look forward to talking to someone soon. Thanks
Barbara M.
on 3/17/04 1:13 am - Delran, NJ
Denise, I'm not from your area, so I don't know of any support groups, but just wanted to say welcome to the other side of surgery! You will be so glad that you made this positive choice for a better, healthier future. Stick to the program, and the benefits will soon become very apparent! Barbara
Sue J.
on 3/17/04 11:39 am - Whiting, NJ
Hi Denise, I also live in Whiting and am having surgery with Dr. Bertha. I went to my first support group meeting in Brick. They have them the first friday of the month at 225 Jack Martin Blvd. floor 3, I forget if the time was 7 or 7:30 but one of the girls that run the group will see your post and remind both of us of the time... If you need anything email me I am right here... Sue
janice M.
on 3/19/04 10:11 am - mullica hill, NJ
Hi Denise, I just wanted to say congratulations. I am having surgery with Dr. Bertha on 3/22/04 and I am so anxious and worried about the hospital experience. Your letter was very calming. I live in Mullica Hill and have not heard of any support groups near me but I will keep searching. Good luck and God Bless you. Jan Maatje
Most Active
Recent Topics