Seeking African American Pre and Post Ops....

Valerie Renee
on 3/13/04 6:40 am - New York, NY
I am Valerie and I am writing a book about WLS as it relates to the Black perspective. I am seeking persons interested in having their before and after pictures (or just before or just after) featured in my book. The book will be a wonderful tool for educating others about this surgery. Some of the topics discussed include: Barriers to Surgery, Co morbidities Prevalent in the Black Community and also has a cookbook section which converts recipes for some soul food favorites into something post-ops and those seeking to eat healthier can eat. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my project. VAL
cheryl B.
on 3/15/04 3:31 am - roselle, NJ
i am interested in telling my story, i had the lapband done on 2/24/04. you can reach me at email [email protected]
Tamela L.
on 3/16/04 7:05 am - Woodbury Heights, NJ
Hi Val, I am interested in your endeavor. I am preop at this point. I have my first consult with the doctor on April 22. Please feel free to contact me. Tami
nicole R.
on 3/16/04 10:54 am - Somerset County, NJ
Hello Val I am also and AA pre-op..I was turned down last year but did not quit. Dont understand why but was told it wasnt medically necessary. i am 5'2 and 343...what the heck were those doctors at the insurance co. thinking!!!! Anyways, I am in the process of doing this again. Have a different insurance and I am close to getting approved. I would love to tell my story. Please keep us posted on your requirements. I actually have a date for April 29th surgery. Hope all goes well.. Thanks
Jersey Girl
on 3/24/04 2:24 am
Most Active
Recent Topics