New Here ... Somerset County, NJ

Joisey_Girl
on 3/12/04 2:48 am - NJ
I have been sitting here reading for about 3 hours now and I feel truly blessed to have found this site and the wealth of information it contains. I just scheduled a visit with my PCP to discuss the surgery. I plan to have a letter to give to him and will be armed with a bit of documentation. I had a laparoscopic splenectomy in January of 2003 (I have an autoimmune disorder called ITP -- low blood platelets). I have always joked that I should've had the surgeon perform a gastric bypass while he was "in the area". I am so anxious to get this process started. One thing I found strange was looking at my insurance company's website (Aetna) I was unable to locate any bariatric surgeons within a 50 mile distance of my home. I know this is incorrect, as I just read some posts from members who had surgery done at Somerset Medical Center. Well, back to more reading/researching. Thank you again!
DJ
on 3/12/04 3:56 am - Parsippany, NJ
Hi, Look under general surgery... in my insurance they aren't ever listed as Bariatric. Check the list here for surgeons then compare to your insurance. I've been doing that.. You have Ward and McClean that go to somerset (I think still)
Krissy
on 3/12/04 10:43 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hi Christine! I happy you found us!! This website is absolutely wonderful and you will learn a lot here. I have Aetna insurance and it was listed under "laparoscopic" surgery. It might have changed now since a lot of doctors are out-of-network. Lots of luck to you as you begin your journey! I hope this helps, talk to you soon! ~Kristin
Shari D.
on 3/18/04 10:13 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi Christine. I am right next door in Bridgewater. I am having a lap rny at somerset medical center on april 12th. the doc are ward and mclean.
Christine W.
on 3/19/04 7:43 am - Middlesex, NJ
Good luck! I look forwared to meeting you at the Support Group. I guess that will be in May. I was the only one in the support group last night that had the lapband and I look forward to having more people join that had the lapband. Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics