Is it for Real?

Nannette
on 3/10/04 9:29 pm - Toms River, NJ
I'm talking about the number on my scale. It is saying 199! I haven't seen that number 1 to start my weight in over 27 years!!!!!! Is it true? It means that I lost 5 pounds this week alone -- of course, the fact that I am home sick has contributed to the fact that I'm not eating normally the last couple of days, but will it be real tomorrow too? My husband's siblings are arriving tonight from California and Nevada respectively, as I am throwing a party this weekend to celebrate family and friends. For those of you that know that my wonderful DH of 27 years is terminally ill and only has a very short time left, the party is actually an excuse to get family and friends together to be with him one last time before he is too weak to socialize. Of course, I want everyone to have a good time and enjoy, but is it selfish to me to want to show off my new body too? Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/199/150?
Susan J.
on 3/11/04 12:13 pm - Whiting, NJ
congrats Nannette, thats a big accomplishment!! And I am so sorry your hubby is so ill. Have a fun time at the party and enjoy it all (compliments included!) Sue
jlewisjr
on 3/12/04 10:32 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Nannette: Sorry to hear about your husband. Hopefully seeing family and friends will bring joy to him. God works in mysterious ways and I pray that he enjoys the time he has remaining and is at peace with himself. Now for you, isn't it great when you step on the scale and the dial doesn't rotate like a propeller? I'm happy that you're happy with your weight loss and I look forward to reading about your continuing progress. I know that I was thrilled when my first number changed from 3 to 2 and I'm amazed that now I'm closer to 1 than I am to 3. All the best to you and your husband. Jesse
SAVAGE
on 3/13/04 2:51 pm - Howell, NJ
NANETTE, CONGADULATIONS, HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER . i HOE THE FAMILY GATHERING GOES WONDERFUL FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND. i AM AFRAID WE GOT EVEN MORE BAD NEWS ON MY NEOHEW , THE PET SCAN SHOW CANCER NECK, SHOULDER, LYMPNODES IN MORE THAN ONE AREA AND HIS PELVIS!!! THE ONCOLOGIST HERE AT THE HOSPITAL SAID IF IT HAS SPREAD THAT FAR ALREADY IT WILL BE INOPERABLE, SO NEEDLESS TO SAY WE ARE ALL VERY UPSET. SO ANYWAY I BELEIVE IN MIRCLES AND GOD KNOWS HE NEED ONE. THANKS FOR LISTENING, YOUR A SPECIAL LADY. gOD bLESS jOYCELYN
Most Active
Recent Topics