need some support

Sue W.
on 3/5/04 10:40 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi everyone,this is my first post, as I am new to this site. I have a surgery date set for March 25th and am very nervous, I think I am even getting some panic attacks. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this before the surgery, if so, what do you do about it? Any suggestions? Thanks
inkychick
on 3/6/04 2:40 am - Lynchburg, VA
Hi Sue. Yes, what you're feeling is very normal. I had wild mood swings (not normal for me) as it got closer to surgery. I sought out a therapist to help me, and she gave me a hypnosis/relaxation tape. I listened to it 2x a day, more if needed, and it was so incredibly helpful for before and after surgery. Something else that I realized before surgery: part of the shaky, jumpy, heart-fluttery, knot-in-my-stomach feeling I had was excitement! I was looking forward to starting a new life! Best wishes for you.
Sue W.
on 3/6/04 7:05 am - Hamilton, NJ
thanks judy, I appreciate all your kind words. I think I will pick up those tapes myself.
Georgette C.
on 3/6/04 6:51 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Sue, This is very normal. I just had my surgery Jan. 12th also with Dr.Brolin. Feel free to Email me with any questions etc. I live in West Windsor so I'm near by. Best of luck to you on your journey, it's worth all the nervousness you are going through. GOOD LUCK, Georgette
SAVAGE
on 3/6/04 4:02 pm - Howell, NJ
Sue, hon i work in a hospital and beleive me it is a normal reaction. You just hand yourself up to God and tell him to keep you in his embrace and trust! he has brought you this far correct???? has it all fallen into place?? then it must be meant to happen. FAITH my dear, also Dr Brolin has a wonderful reputation as a surgeon although I have heard he is not mr personality at bedside manners. However, most surgeons are weird that way. anyway you just remember we are all DIVAS in the making. I will say a prayer all goes well. please stay in touch! joycelyn
Most Active
Recent Topics