Second time around

nicole R.
on 2/29/04 10:22 am - Somerset County, NJ
Hello all I am not new to the site but I havent posted in over 6months. I had Cigna PPO last year and tried to obtain approval for WLS. Well they denied me for lack of medical necessity (i didnt have the 18month supervised WLP within the past 2 years.). Well anyways, I am no longer with Cigna and I have Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield. Well they have less prerequisites for the surgery. I have to go through my consult again. I am going to Dr. Andrei whose office WAS in New Brunswick, NJ but has since moved to Livingston NJ. Its further, but it may be worth it. I was starting to think that I would never be able to get my surgery. I have been heavy all my life and since I had my little girl, it has made me realize that I really need to be smaller. I am 5'2 and 360lbs. It is very hard trying to keep up with a 2 year old. I love my daughter and husband and want to be around to see them for years to come. My husband wants me to wait to have the surgery until after we have another child, however we have been trying for about 7 months with no success. I told him I think it is becasue of the weight. So I am determined even more to get the surgery. I know I will have to wait to get pregnant, but I dont care. I when the time comes, I would probably be easier to conceive. At any rate, I have my consult on 3-6-04. I hope all goes well, I will keep you all posted. BTW, has anyone heard of Dr. Andrei? I would appreciate some post or send me private email if you have heard of Dr. Andrei and his practice. He practices out of RWJ Hospital or St. Peters in NewBrunswick I believe. Thanks Nicole R [email protected]
DJ
on 3/1/04 5:10 am - Parsippany, NJ
Good for you.. go for it.. They say you are really fertile after the surgery because the hormons go crazy.. be carefull.. You really should wait the 2 years to stabilize. I don't know of Dr Andrei but if he is in Livingston I am going to look him up. .Good Luck.
Georgette C.
on 3/1/04 7:45 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Hi Nicole, I'm so happy for you. You will be able to enjoy your daughter and a new baby so much more after you lose weight. I really think you're making the right decision. I also have CIGNA and they put me through H---!!! I think you'll have alot easier time with your new INS. I have heard of DR. Andrei many many times and it was all wonderful. He is suppose to be great with a wonderful post-op support group. Matter of fact they are having a meeting with a great guest speaker this Thursday. I am planning on going the speaker who has had WLS wrote a book that is very informative. If I still have the Email from DR Andrei's office I will forward it to you, otherwise just call the office and they will give you the info. I think he is well worth the trip to Livingston. GOOD LUCK TO YOU and keep us posted.... Georgette
Tara B.
on 3/1/04 9:54 pm - Eatontown, NJ
hi, i had dr.andri. and let's just say i haven't had too much good luck with him. i ouldn't recommend him to anyone. i went for my consult with him in dec 2002 after waiting 5 months for the appointment. did all my tests he wanted me to...then i waited 9 months for a date. the office never summitted anything to my insurance company so i was denied for surgery 2 weeks b4 my date. we straighten that out and then i had a date for march 25th. that too has been cancelled as he has dropped me since he no longer takes my insurance since he went into private practice. so i took my approval, found another doc and am having surgery on march 22nd. where do u live? cuz the guy i'm going to is in paterson...it's an hour drive for me but his office is on top of EVERYTHING. you have to keep on dr.A's staff to do their job right. oh i almost forgot the best part...they cant even find my chart after being his pt for over a year. they say RWJ has it and RWJ says the doc's office has it. i got nothing but the run around from them, and tons of stress to add to it. good luck to you...u have any questions...feel free to email me.
nicole R.
on 3/6/04 4:51 am - Somerset County, NJ
Hi all Its me Nicole. I told you guys I had my second consult with Dr. Andrei today and I went. WELL it turned out great. Dr. Andrei actually remembered me(or at least thats what he said). He was greatful that I had faith and came back to him even though I went through hell before. He assured me that because he is in practice for himself that things should go much smoother this time. HE also has someone who works directly with the insurance company to gain approval. He thinks with all the info that I gave him and papers I provided, that I shoudl have no problem this time. Also since I have a difference insurance co. it should be no problem...we will see. At anyrate, since he said I had so much faith in him, he gave me a surgery date of April 29th...WOWOW.. That was great becasue the lady who was in the office before me didnt get a date until June!! The best part about it all is that he is doing my surgery at ST. BARNABAS!! I was born there, my daughter was born there and I would prefer to have it there anyways. I feel really confident about my journey this time. I still have to get my blood work done over and to update my PCP referral. My PCP said he will gladly update my referral. My EKG and Psy evaluation is still good, I just have to get them to fax copies to his office. So as of now we just got to get the insurance approval, but I have a date of APRIL 29th. Everyone pray for me and my family that it all will work out.
Most Active
Recent Topics