united healthcare - looking for a surgeon

Jackie C.
on 2/26/04 3:17 am - South River, NJ
I am in the begining stages. Everyone wants thousands up front. I have United Health Care POS. Does anyone know of a doctor or hospital that will take this and not ask for so much money up front? St. Peter's wants $3600!!!! Any help you can give me will be great.... Thank You. Jackie
Lauren B.
on 2/26/04 6:24 am - Clifton, NJ
Hi Jackie! I'm not exactly sure how far south you are but if you don't mind some travel I'm a patient of Dr. Bertha in Florham Park. He is a doctor on this site so you may want to check into his practice. I have PHCS and there was only $275 for a consultation with a nutritionist & behavioral evaluation. Hope this helps. Lauren
Jenindi75
on 2/26/04 9:38 am - Union City, NJ
Hi Jackie, Not sure where you are located but I live in Camden County and I am a patient of Dr. Abkin in Florham Park. I have United Healthcare Choice HMO and all I have paid are my co-pays of $20.00 per visit. I too had a hard time finding a surgeon in South Jersey. My surgery is March 8. Best of luck!!!! Jennifer
Jackie C.
on 2/27/04 12:25 am - South River, NJ
Thank You so much. I called today an dsigned up for their seminar in March. I am actually in central Jersey so it is not so far to travel. Thanks again Jackie
Jackie C.
on 2/27/04 3:01 am - South River, NJ
I meant to say good luck with your surgery... How long ago did you start this process? Jackie
Jenindi75
on 2/27/04 1:17 pm - Union City, NJ
I went to the seminar on 11/11/03. My consult was 1/8/04. This is actually the second time I go through all the motions. The first time I did it with University Medical in Newark, when I lived up in North Jersey. When I moved South I dropped the ball and had to start over. I researched the surgery for the past 4 years. Best of luck!!!
SAVAGE
on 2/28/04 7:08 pm - Howell, NJ
Jackie, your insurance company should provide you with a list of hospitals that accept your insurance and doctors as well. In south jersey Dr Rominelli is at Jersey Shore medical in Neptune. and Frank Boaro is at monmoputh Medical. they are both good docs and you can find out which health care system your insurance sends you to, hopefully it will be one of those hospitals. good luck joycelyn
Most Active
Recent Topics