Finding a Dr. that takes my HMO

Detective-Cruz
on 2/25/04 12:23 pm - Beachwood, NJ
I've been to about 10 seminars/meetings in the past 2 years. Everytime I find a doc I like, I find they don't take my HMO (Horizon HMO). I can't afford to pay and wait to get reimbursed (maybe 40% back). I am definately ready for the surgery. I'm tired of being tired, and feeling like I can't fuly participate in life. If anyone has this insurance and can recommend a doc in NJ pleaseeeeee email me . Good luck and best of health, Christine
Irene S.
on 2/25/04 1:05 pm - NJ
Ok, this is what to do. get the list of obesity surgeons from this site. Then go to your insurance company's website and do a physician search for the names on the list. I don't have your insurance, but I found that there is at least one surgeon in your plan! irene P.S. You can also call your insurance company and ask them who is in your network for sugeons. Don't forget to make a list of questions to ask the surgeon you choose. How many procedures have they done?, etc. irene
SAVAGE
on 2/25/04 5:24 pm - Howell, NJ
CHRISTINE, HAVE YOU ASKED YOUR INSURANCE FOR A DOCTOR ACEPTS YOUR INSURANCE? THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH NAMES OF DOCTORS AND HOSPITLAS WHERE THEY HAVE PRIVILAGES AT AS WELL. CALL AND ASK, IF THE PERSON DOES NOT ACT LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING LIKE I SOMETIMES GET AT QUAL CARE, THEN ASK FOR THE PRE CERT DEPARTMENT AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU NEED. THEY SHOULD GIVES YOU NAMES ECT. I AM GOING TO JERSEY SHORE FOR MY SURGERY BECAUSE I WORK FOR MERIDIAN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM. ALSO AT MONMOUTH MEDICAL IN LONG bRANCH DR BORAO HAS A GREAT REPUTATION AS WELL. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM AS MY DOC BUT HIM BUT MY INSURANCE ONLY PAYS 80% THERE SO I HAVE TO STAY WITHIN MY HEALTHCARE SYSTEM OR ABSORB QUITE A BIT OF COST. DR ROMINELLI IS THE SURGEON AT JERSEY SHORE, HE ALSO IS SUPPOSE TO BE VERY GOOD. ALL THE EMPLOYEES I HAVE SPOKE WITH WITHIN THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM WHERE I WORK SPEAK HIGHLY OF HIM. THERE NEXT MEETING SESSION IS MARCH 30. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE SESSION BEFORE YOU CAN BOOK AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE HIM. AFTER THAT YOU CALL HIS OFFICE AND HE GIVES YOU THE DATE ON YOUR FIRST CONSULT. I CAN'T WAIT!~ AFTER THAT YOU CALL HIS TEAM WHO SETS YOU UP WITH ALL THE PRE CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED, PSYC, NUTRITION ECT. IF YOU DECIDE TO GO EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW MAYBE WE CAN MEET AT THE MEETING. I WAS TOLD THE WAIT IS 2-3 MONTHS ONCE ALL PAPERWORK IS READY. YOU CAN CALL THE HOSPITLAL 732-775-5500 AND ASK FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION AND THEY CAN SIGH YOU UP. BEST OF LUCK. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MADE OUT. GOD BLESS JOYCELYN
lorien
on 2/25/04 9:01 pm - morris county, nj
does your insurance company have a web site? Compare the list of surgeons to the list on this site, or just start making phone calls and asking the individual offices if they accept horizon. Lots of luck, its an incredible journey!
Laura H.
on 2/25/04 9:45 pm - Belford, NJ
Hi Christine I have Horizon HMO BC/BS Is this what you have ???? If so Dr Romanelli accept's it !!!! He does his surgery's out of Jersey Shore and Morristown. Give them a call they will help you.........(732)531-5445. Hope this helps Good luck Laura
Nannette
on 2/26/04 2:27 am - Toms River, NJ
Another pair of Drs that take Horizon HMO is Drs Rivulo (sp?) and Drs. Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ (they're partners) -- Last I heard, they only did the Open RNY, not Lap -- but that may have changed -- check it out.
dpnna
on 2/27/04 6:58 am - w. orange, nj
I have HMO BLUE (horizon) and I had my surgery w/ Dr Garrison - He has an office at St. Michaels Medical Center in Newark and one in Denville. I had no problems with my pre-op consults or my precertification for surgery. He has a free support group meeting (which he attends) on the second Saturday of each month the next one is March 13 in his Newark office. Good luck! Donna
Detective-Cruz
on 3/11/04 1:21 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Thanks all *****plied for all the great help! I've decided to go with Dr. Romanelli. Tomarrow I start all my pre cert appointments....I'm on my way! XO to all! Chrissie
Most Active
Recent Topics