How long between consult and surgery?

Rosemary B.
on 2/18/04 12:40 am - NJ
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the wait time (who's had it done recently) between the consult and the surgery using Dr. Abkin. I am scheduled for an appointment on 2/26/04. Thanks for your help.
DJ
on 2/18/04 4:52 am - Parsippany, NJ
Hi, It really depends upon you insurance approval.. I went to see him the end of Dec and had a date the end of Jan due to a cancellation.. but then my insurance didn't go thru so I am back to waiting for approval. He told me at my appointment about 6-8 weeks wait time. You'll like him. Good Luck!
Linda P.
on 2/18/04 12:06 pm - Morris County, NJ
I had my surgery in October, 2003. I had my consult in mid May, 2003. I thought that I would be able to have my surgery in July but Dr. Bertha wanted me to have some other tests done first. I needed to have an endoscope and a cardiac catherization done before the surgery. I had them done as soon as I could, the catherization was done the first week of July. My instructions were to call Dr. Bertha's office to make my date after I received clearance from the cardiologist (mid July). I called right away but the closest date they gave me was the first week of October. So, I guess the answer to your question depends on what other tests Dr. Bertha wants you to have before you have the WLS.
Rosemary B.
on 2/18/04 7:55 pm - NJ
Thank you both for your info. It is greatly appreciated.
simone L.
on 2/21/04 7:41 am - allentown, NJ
It went rather quickley for me I had my consulte on the 12th of Feb, and got insurance clearence in three days from when they submitted the paper work, and have a surgury day for March 15. Make sure you tell your Dr's office that you want it ASAP and they may fit you in if someone cancels. Simone....Horizon BC/BS PPO
Jenindi75
on 2/24/04 7:39 am - Union City, NJ
Hi Rosemary! The time you wait depends on how fast you get approved through your insurance carrier. I went to Dr. Abkin on Jan.8, my paperwork was submitted on Jan. 27, and I was approved Feb 5th. My surgery is on Mar. 8. I have United Healthcare Choice HMO. Best of Luck!!!! Jennifer
Rosemary B.
on 2/24/04 11:31 pm - NJ
Thank you for your info Jennifer. Best of luck to you too.!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics