8 Month Update - What a Trip!

Nannette
on 2/17/04 11:01 pm - Toms River, NJ
Well, it is now exactly 8 months since my Lap RNY in June and time for my monthly update. Things to be grateful for since WLS and losing 127 pounds: · No longer having Type II diabetes · No longer having weight-based asthma · No longer having sleep apnea, and actually being able to sleep and wake rested · Having energy to spare! · Having my cholesterol drop over 100 points · Being within spitting distance of breaking the 200-pound mark - somewhere I haven't been for over 25 years! · The thrill of shopping for clothes, and being almost able to wear "normal" sizes. · Being able to cross my legs under my desk · Being able to fit in a coach airline seat with no seatbelt extension or having to raise the armrest. · Being able to walk easily without concern · Being able to speak without panting and breathing heavy (unless I want to)! · Feeling both physically and emotionally stronger to better able me to care for my DH who's ill · Wanting to "strut" at times · Being able to pass on my too big clothes to worthy people and causes without worrying if I'll ever need them again · Thankful for my local support group, and thankful for the AMOS friends I've made on this site. Come on and finish my list - what do you have to be grateful for? Lap RNY 6/16/03 - 336 / 209 / 150?
DJ
on 2/17/04 11:47 pm - Parsippany, NJ
Bravo!!!! You said it all.. I hope to be able to say the same someday..
seah2os
on 2/18/04 4:43 am - Toms River, NJ
Nanette, Congratulations! You are doing a great job. Here's one for you: Keep up the good work. I hope to be where you are some day. Carolyn
jlewisjr
on 2/18/04 8:03 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Nannette: Way to go!!! I'm happy that you are "strutting" and proud. Keep it going!!! Jesse
lorien
on 2/19/04 1:37 am - morris county, nj
keep up the good work! My surgery was 5/29/03 and I know exactly what you mean . . . . . Hugs from Morris County, Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics