Another Stop On My Victory Tour!!!

jlewisjr
on 2/16/04 4:27 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: I just completed the final stop on the Jesse Lewis WLS Victory Tour of my doctors. I had an appointment with my cardiologist today and when I entered his office his staff did not recognize me. They were amazed to see the new, sleeker looking me. The doctor was running late so they did my EKG and weightd me and they had me step off the scale and get back on again to make sure it was working correctly. It said 235 the first time and 235 the second time. When the doctor entered the exam room his first comment was "Your result is the best I've seen and you look fantastic." He checked out my ticker and said that everything was wonderful. He just kept complimenting me and said that I made the right decision to have weight loss surgery. I have now seen all the doctors who had to clear me for surgery so the Jesse Lewis 2004 WLS Victory Tour is complete. I have made believers out of a group of doctors who in some cases fought me tooth & nail on the issue of WLS. Am I glad I had surgery? What do you think? Till next time, Jesse 373/235/-138
Krissy
on 2/16/04 5:50 am - Cranford, NJ
What an amazing accomplishment!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Whether you realize it or not. You have probably just opend the door for so many other people who these Dr's are going to rec having surgery!! Im doing the happy dance for ya!! ~Kristin
SAVAGE
on 2/16/04 6:39 am - Howell, NJ
DEAR JESSE, WELL AFTER MY DAY AT EMPLOYEE HEALTH IT DOES MY HEART AND SPIRIT GOOD TO KNOW HOW SUCESSFULL YOUR SURGERY HAS BEEN. I CAN;'T WAIT! I WENT TO EMP HEALTH BECAUSE I PULLED MY NECK AND BACK AT WORK( I AM A NURSING PROFESSIONAL) I ALSO HAVE FIBROMYALIGA WHICH I HAVE AFTER AN ACCIDENT 7 YEARS AGO, LONG STORY HORT BECAUSE I TOLD THEM I TAKE PAIN MEDS RN(AS NEEDED) WHICH IS NOT OFTEN! AND BECAUSE I WEIGH 291 HE ALREADY HAD STEROTYPED ME. HE ASK WHAT WAS HURTING WHEN I EXPLAINED EVERYHTING, NECK SHOULDERS, ELBOW HIS REPLY WA " THA'T IS TO MUCH ONLY PIN POINT THE PROBLEM, WITH THAT HE WALKED OVER TO ME TOUCHED MY KNEES AND SAID AND I QUOTE "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN CARRYNG ALL THIS AROUND??? WELL TO SAY THE LEAST IWAS ON THE DEFENCE AT ONCE! I TOLD HIM WELL THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT MY NECK IS INJURED T IS BELOW MY NECK ISN'T IT?? AND I ALSO TOLD HIS I WAS GOING TO HAVE WLS. HE SAID WELL YOU SHOULD AS SOON A POSSIBLE. HE ALSO SAID WELL HAVE YOU TAKEN CELEBREX OR VIOXX?? I TOLD HIM YES AND IT DOES NOTHING FOR ME AND HE SAID WELL YOU DON'T THNNK I AM GIVING YOU ANY NARCOTICS DO YOU??? AND MY REPLY WS I DID NOT ASK FOR THEM DID i. THEN HE PROCEEDED TO TELL ME ONE LEADS TO TO MUCH AND THEN IS DOES NOTHING U BECOME ADDICITED!!!!!!!!!!! my reply was i have had to take pain meds prn for over 6 years and if i had an addictive personality i would have been in rehab by now. so anyway a he walked out the door i said ' WELL THIS WAS USLESS.!" THE NURSE CAME BACK IN AND SHE ASKED WAHT WAS WRONG AND I BURST INTO TEARS, WHICH I RARELY EVER DO BEING THE TOUGH OLD BIRD I AM. SHE SEEM TO BE SHOCKED AS WELL. SO I THINK I AM FILLING A COMPLAINT WITH HUMAN RESOURSE FOR DISCRIMATION AND SPEAKING WITH A LAWYER. DO YOU THIINK I AM OVER REACTING??? I WAS NEVER SO HUMILIATED IN MY LIFE. SO ALL HE DID WAS ORDER PHYSICAL THEREPY! I AM STILL IN PAIN THANK GOD MY OTHER DOCTOR CALLED IN SOMETHING FOR ME. ANYWAY I DON'T KNOW WHY I NEEDED TO VENT THANKS FOR LISTENING. GOD BLESS JOYCELYN
Barbara M.
on 2/18/04 1:31 am - Delran, NJ
Dear Joycelyn, Well, some people can be so insensitive, can't they? Don't let him get you down. Just keep your focus on your goal and direct all of your energy there. I am 3 weeks post-op, and I have lost 24 pounds. I feel so great, and am so encouraged about the future. You will be on the losing side soon, and then you'll show everyone who was ever mean or insensitive to you that your life is going to get more wonderful with each passing day! Keep your chin up! Life's going to get better! Barb
Jim M.
on 2/16/04 10:36 am - Brick, NJ
JEsse, Great news, WOnderful Job and God Bless. You sure have set the bar high for the rest of us! Jim
Most Active
Recent Topics