I attended the WLS Symposium on Saturday

Dee M.
on 2/15/04 6:17 pm - Citrus Springs, Fl
Hi everyone.... I did attend the WLS Symposium in Princeton on Saturday given by Dr. Robert Brolin and his associates.It was imformative,enlightning and well presented...They operate a WLS practice associated with the Princeton Health Care System and had an Insurance expert,a dietician as well as the Chairwoman of their support group to answer questions...They have immediate appointments with surgery within 3 to 4 weeks after consult,not too bad,eh? On the down side though,they require a $300 fee for consultation after which they'll bill your insurance company and any difference will be refunded to you...Also,they require a $2,500.oo deposit prior to surgery,and again they'll bill your insurance company for the surgery...Any part your insurance doesn't pay,comes out of that $2500 and if it's more than that,you have to pay that,too.Can be expensive~! This Dr.Brolin is a pioneer in WLS,having done over 2300 procedures,plus he's a teaching professor,author on WLS,etc. Great credentials,and seemed very nice.Just thought I'd pass along the info,any questions,please e mail me. Dee
Lisa M.
on 2/17/04 12:11 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Dee, Dr. Brolin did my surgery in November 2003...I wouldn't have had any other surgeon. He's great....his bedside manner is a little bit dry, but wonderful at what he does! His staff is wonderful....Chris (the insurance guy) was able to get my whole deposit back. As a matter of fact, I picked up my check for $2700.00 today! They are all wonderful there! Lisa
Dee M.
on 2/17/04 10:26 pm - Citrus Springs, Fl
Hi Lisa..... Are we related? HAHA~! Well,I don't think Dr. Brolin will be doing my surgery as I found out today that my insurance,Horizon BC/BS will only pay 60% if I go out of network(which Dr. Brolin is)as opposed to 100%,in network...So, I'll probably be having surgery through UMDNJ in Stratford..I have my 1st appointment in early March.I really liked Dr.Brolin and his associate,'specially considering he's done more than 2300 bariatric surgeries..Oh,well,hopefully I'll feel as comfortable with the docs at UMDNJ~! Dee
Most Active
Recent Topics