Problem sleeping?

dpnna
on 2/11/04 7:52 am - w. orange, nj
Has anyone had a problem sleeping after wls ? I don't know if its after effects of surgery ( I'm three & 1/2 months postop) or just stress but I wake up at odd hours ( 1 2 or 3 am) and cannot go back to sleep. I've tried reading, tea, watching tv...nothing is working I'm so tired at work and have no zip. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Irene S.
on 2/11/04 12:17 pm - NJ
The trick that my dad used to use and it worked every time for him and anyone else he told to do it: Tense every single muscle in your entire body, and hold it stiff and tight until you absolutely think you'll break apart to hold it any more. When you let go, the fatigue and relaxation will overcome you and you'll drift right off to sleep. Hope it works for you. irene
NJ_Sandra
on 2/11/04 8:25 pm - NJ
Hi Donna I have the same problem. No matter what time I fall asleep, I'm always awake between 3am - 4am and can't fall back to sleep. Sorry I don't have any solutions yet. I hope that someone can come up with any suggestions. Sandra
Denise W.
on 2/11/04 11:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
If you're not exercising, start and if you are, up your work out. I find the days I have a good workout, I sleep better that night. Good luck! Denise
dpnna
on 2/13/04 9:06 am - w. orange, nj
I saw my PCP & she suggested having yoguart or 2 crackers before bedtime (MAYBE I'M NOT EATING ENOUGH) and keep water to drink during the night, (MAYBE I'M THIRSTY), take deep breaths when trying to go back to sleep (RELAX)and keep a pad & pen next to the bed & write down whatever I'm thinking about .(to give my brain a rest). I guess she's trying to cover all the bases- Ill try- I'm just hoping its a phase and will pass.
Most Active
Recent Topics