Life is Great, Isn't It!!!

jlewisjr
on 2/10/04 10:09 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: I am just amazed how my life has changed since I had my surgery on September 19, 2003. I just celebrated my 47th birthday on last Thursday and I have to say that life is fantastic. I feel that I'm the same person I was before surgery but other people seem to be treating me diffrently. People are constantly telling me how good I look, the women in the office are saying to me "If you wern't married, I would....", and the guys are telling me that it's not like them to comment on how another man looks but that I look fantastic. Here's a news flash: My waist size has gone down to a 38 from a 54 and I'm now buying medium shirts, down from a 3XL. My collegues at work gave me a $100 gift card to the Sports Authority and I went to buy some gtood looking workout clothing. Well. I figure I might as well look good while I'm working out. I hope that everyone gets to experience what I'm experiencing now. For me life is great and getting better.
Patti S.
on 2/10/04 11:26 am - North Haledon, NJ
Congrats! Jesse that is great I am so glad the surgery was a great success. I hope I have a great success story like you. My surgary is 2/17/04. Good luck with the rest of your journey. Keep up the good work. Patti NJ 2/17/04
Nannette
on 2/10/04 11:25 pm - Toms River, NJ
Hey Jessie -- I've been following your "story" since you were pre-op and you are doing great! I know exactly how you feel. I am down 123# since my surgery in June 2003 and have gone from a size 30/32 to a size 14/16. My colleagues at work call me the "incredible shrinking women" and I love the attention! People that don't know me well, but see me often -- the commuter bus, Curves, cashiers at stores I frequent, are always commenting how good I look, etc. Male friends' hands are lingering a bit longer on my waist when they hug me to say hello or goodbye! I think it is a hoot and say "hmmm" to myself often. For the holidays, my colleagues also gave me a gift certificate to "help fund my new sexy wardrobe." I still have 60 pounds to go to get to my personal goal, but this ride has been fantastic -- Keep posting -- you are such a positive role model! Lap RNY 6/16/03, 336/213/155?
Most Active
Recent Topics