Author, Barbara Thompson

dpnna
on 2/7/04 7:26 am - w. orange, nj
I went to a lecture today in Livingston by Barbara Thompson, a well known expert on overcoming obesity. She wrote a very bood guide book to weight loss surgery " Finding the thin person hiding inside you". It was a very good lecture and I purchased ber book, which I though was very well written, especially since she too had the same surgery I had. If you get a chance to see her in person- go! I felt it was very helpful. If you have questions you can reach her at www.wlscenter.com or [email protected]. Did anyone else see her today? Did you enjoy it?
Patti S.
on 2/7/04 9:26 am - North Haledon, NJ
I bought the book over a month ago and read the whole thing it was an excellent book and a good source for question and answers. I would also recommend it. I was registered to go to the lecture @ 9am however my husband was called into work for an emergency and no means of a sitter. I hopefuly can go next time. Patti 2/17/04
Irene S.
on 2/7/04 9:42 am - NJ
Yup, I was supposed to go also, but ended up having to go to the doctor for a medication change and my blood pressure is sky-high. So I ended up staying home. Did I take it easy? Noooo, I had even more stuff than usual... irene
SpyderS
on 2/15/04 8:19 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Irene, Are you post op? If so, why was your BP sky high? I have not had the surgery yet, but I am told my BP will return to normal eventually. ?????????????? ~§pyder~
Georgette C.
on 2/9/04 3:04 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Donna, Glad you posted. I didn't get a chance to go but was wondering how her lecture was. I also have her book and have found it very informative and to the point. Her website is also very good. Happy to hear you enjoyed it hope to go next time. Georgette
Most Active
Recent Topics