Help with protein shakes

Sharon2004
on 2/6/04 9:41 pm - NJ
Hello, I am scheduled for surgery 2/19 and I wanted to get some protein shakes ahead of time. Any suggestions for good products out there? Thank you all.
Stacey E.
on 2/7/04 1:37 am - Galloway, NJ
Dear Sharon, I have to be careful with supplements as some have artificial sweeteners that cause diarrhea. My favorite so far is Champion Whey Stack Chocolate flavor. I got it online at wlssuccess.com. It tastes great, mixes pretty well with water, and more importantly my surgeon approved it. It's okay for anyone who does not have a whey sensitivity (very few do). Two scoops provide 46 grams of protein, and only 260 calories, and very few carbs. And it's not sweetened with Aspartame which some people try to avoid. It can be constipating so use a stool softener with it if necessary. Good luck! Stacey E.
dpnna
on 2/7/04 7:37 am - w. orange, nj
I went to wls success and ordered a sample package and then went to vitamin Shoppe and bought a can of a few brands- they have a wide selection. I don't like any of the vanilla or chocolate powders. I like Worldwide Pure Protein cappuchino , ready made-35 grams protein, 3 carbs I found them in VitaminShoppe and on line at wlssuccess also. I also like Necter apple and fuzzy navel powders. I recently received a free sample fo Lemon Fruity whey from Molecular Nutrition and it was good (they also have fruit punch and grape) . Metrx latte (vitamimin shoppe and GNC)was also good and in Kmart they had carb solutions in vanilla. Isopure ready made drinks were fruity and not bad-40 grams protein.
Patti S.
on 2/7/04 4:44 am - North Haledon, NJ
Sharon My dr. recommends carnation instant breakfast sugar free., You can buy them in the grocery store However I can only find chocolate I Orderer them online from care express in Ill I order a case of the Variety ppack whi*****ludes chocolate,Vanilla Strawberry and malted they coast 35.20 a case of 6 4 packs and 6>50 for shipping. Also you can go to Bariatric eating .com and see what they have I heard they are real good But they are a little pricey. I also decided to use what my doctor recommended. My surgery is 2/17 good like to you. Patti NJ
Amy R.
on 2/7/04 7:46 am - Jackson, NJ
Hi Sharon The one that I absolutely love is Champion Pure whey Stack chocolate. It is sooo good. I take 2 T of Frozen Light Cool whip, 6 or 7 oz of cold water, 1/2 of a small frozen banana, and a little over a scoop of the powder. I put it in a blender and it tastes like a Wendys' Frostee. I have been told by others that just putting the powder into cold water and shaking it is good also but haven't tried it. They say it doesnt' clump up. You can get a sample from vitalady.com for 1.99 and then buy the full size jugs from supplementcentral.com. There price is 24.95 for 5 pounds which is the cheapest that I have found. Vitalady.com sells the 5 pound jug for over $30 unless it is on sale. Good luck on your surgery, if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me privately [email protected]
Sharon2004
on 2/8/04 5:59 am - NJ
Thank you all for your quick responses. I will try all your suggestions.
Most Active
Recent Topics