M.O.R.E. Foundation Support group

John P.
on 2/2/04 10:37 pm - Paramus, NJ
All, I'd like to invite all post op patients to visit www.morefoundation.org, which is the website for our support group that meets twice a month in Paramus NJ. The M.O.R.E. Foundation (Morbid Obesity Research and Education) consists mostly of open RNY patients of Valley Hospital and Dr. Peter Benotti, however, our membership is open to all people who have undergone this life change and would like the support that in person meetings provide. Our meetings are typically held on the first and third Mondays of the month at 6 p.m. and run for about an hour to an hour and a half. We discuss Foundation business first, then have a moderated support session where members can (and do) talk about anything and everything related to being post op. Topics have included weight maintenance after the honeymoon period of weightloss, changes in body image, making the effort to continue to make good food choices, alternative overindulgence in other things as a substitute for food (alcohol, sex, exercise), addictive personality issues, and more. We also have occasional presentations from area plastic surgeons, fitness experts, and psychologists, specifically tailored to the post op patient. We also have numerous other activities that we offer to our members, inlcuding clothing swap/sales, bowling nights, rafting trips, fundraisers, dinners, happy hours, etc. As an organization, we feel very strongly about the need for lifelong support from your peers. We welcome all those that have had surgery or are considering surgery to visit our website and join us for a meeting. Our next meeting is February 16th at 6 p.m., which is also a clothing swap/sale. For details, visit the M.O.R.E. website at www.morefoundation.org. Good luck to everyone in their journey. John Pirone President, M.O.R.E. Foundation
Patti S.
on 2/3/04 10:14 am - North Haledon, NJ
Thanks for the information: Lynn and I have talked about it several times. However your web site comes up as an error. Patti 2/17/04
Linda 1.
on 2/3/04 11:32 am - Northern, NJ
I don't know why the link isn't working...but if you type the address the web site is up! Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics