Networking in my job search

John P.
on 2/2/04 10:23 pm - Paramus, NJ
All, I am almost three years post op RNY GB and I recently lost my job (Nov '03) and have been unsuccessful so far in finding employment. I would like to enlist the assistance of my fellow post ops in helping me in my job search, as I know that networking is primarily how many positions are filled these days (especially in a tight economy with many people out of work). The easiest way to describe myself is as a middle to senior level management candidate in either the IT or business development area for technical products. I have designed and developed large scale content management/publishing systems as well as applications for use by doctors on their handheld computers (Palms, PocketPC's). I have also done higher level business and technical analysis, advising senior managment on process reengineering efforts and technical direction in the form of white papers and implementation plans. I am highly motivated and a self starter that has excellent analytical skills. I have very good interpersonal and leadership skills which has translated into being a highly valued member of the teams I have worked with. Unfortunately, due to a business decision to consolidate development efforts in my previous company's Denver offices, I was let go, along with my staff of developers. I am willing to relocate, but would prefer to stay in NJ. We currently live in Bergen county, and would stay if there was an offer in the area (NYC is possible, but not desirable unless its a really good fit) but our preference would be the central Jersey shore area (Monmouth, Ocean Cty). My resume is online at http://www.geocities.com/jpirone. If there is anyone that might know of people hiring for positions in Product/Project management, Business Analysis, or Product Development for technical products (Internet, Desktop or Handheld applications, Content Management or Publishing systems), I would appreciate a referral. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I know that I couldn't be where I am today without the support of this community, and I appreciate the opportunity that this surgery has given me to lead a full, healthy life. Hopefully, that will include a new job with new challenges in the near future. John
lorien
on 2/4/04 5:16 am - morris county, nj
don't know if this would be of any use to you . . . JOB OPPORTUNITIES with North Jersey Media Group North Jersey Media Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The company employs more than 1,900 people among its various locations in northern New Jersey. Career opportunities range from positions in the journalism, printing, and publishing professions to technical and administrative specialties. Every week, the Human Resources Department compiles a list of positions that are currently available with the company. The list includes specific contact information for each position, since job locations and interviewing arrangements vary accordingly. To view this list, which can also be accessed at www.northjersey.com, please click here. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Most Active
Recent Topics