I"M HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara M.
on 2/1/04 8:48 am - Delran, NJ
Hello, everyone, and thank you for your prayers! I have actually been home for 2 days, but I was having trouble with my computer, so I wasn't able to post. My surgery went beautifully, and I have had no complications or problems - except EXTREME itchiness from the morphine! I am so thankful to be on the lighter side! I weighed myself when I came home on Friday. Now, I know that I was retaining water then from all of the IV fluids that were being pumped into me, but I was still shocked to step on the scale today and see that I was DOWN 10 POUNDS! WOOHOO! The adventure has begun! I must admit that I am very tired of juice, broth and jello. I will be able to add a few other things on Wednesday, like skim milk and cream of wheat and sugar-free, fat-free yogurt. I will probably be up at the crack of dawn to have something new! Hehe! Last night, a few of our friends came over to visit and to encourage me. At dinnertime, they all ordered takeout Italian food! It was my first "trial by fire," and it wasn't too bad. They didn't want to eat in front of me, but I told them that I would have to get used to it sometime. Right now, my family is sitting around having buffalo wings and other Super Bowl treats. I just keep visualizing myself going into Victoria's Secret to buy something for MYSELF for the first time ever, and then I feel better! And, honestly, my friends, my family, and most of all, my wonderful husband have been so encouraging to me. My hubby has been waiting on me hand and foot since I came home! Again, thanks to all of you for your prayers and words of comfort and encouragement to me when I need them the most! Blessings deep and wide, Barbara
Laura H.
on 2/1/04 11:04 am - Belford, NJ
Hi Barbara I'm so glad everything went so well !!! WOW 10 lbs. in just a few days thats great !!!! Keep up the good work !!! I will keep you in my prayers that things continue to go well for you. Take care Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics