Hey, guys, encourage me!

Barbara M.
on 1/26/04 4:03 am - Delran, NJ
I am scheduled for my surgery tomorrow. That's great, of course, but I have been struggling with a mighty case of nerves. I just called the hospital a little while ago to get my surgery time, and it is not until 2:00 in the afternoon. I am so bummed out. That means that I will have most of tomorrow to sit around and worry. Thank God that I will have my wonderful husband to be with me. I know it sounds like a petty thing to be upset about, in light of the fact that it I am almost ready to pass over to the losing side. Still, I was so hoping to wake up early, go in and get it over with before I had any time to dwell on it. Also, I have tremendous confidence in my surgeon, but it makes me wonder - will he be tired by then? Not at the top of his game? I know I'm being silly. HELP ME FEEL BETTER!!!!! Barb
Laura H.
on 1/26/04 4:17 am - Belford, NJ
I'm new here but I wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow !!! I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well !!!! I would not worry about your surgeon being at the top of his game maybe Thursdays he comes in late so he gets a late start. Or he could not get the OR room any earler that day. Try not to worry I'm sure you will be just fine !!!! Laura
Barbara M.
on 1/26/04 4:19 am - Delran, NJ
Thanks, Laura. Encouragement is appreciated!!!!!!!!! Barb
Patti S.
on 1/26/04 5:41 am - North Haledon, NJ
Barbara: It is normal to feel the way you do. my surgery is on 2/17/04 and I am so greatful it was scheduled for 7:45 in the Morning but that can always change or we could have a snow storm a real bad one. with my luck. Anyway you will do great and I am jealous that I have to wait almost 3 more weeks I wi**** was me at 2 tom. Anyway you will do great keep on thinking positive and think about the summer and how good you are going to look you wont have to worry about what people think. I know I am excited we are going away in July to VA and I know I will feel real good about myself. then. So think positive and be excited. Good Luck. Heres to your new rebirth to the thinner side. Patti North Haledon NJ. 2/14/04
Barbara M.
on 1/26/04 6:50 am - Delran, NJ
Thanks, Patti. I know I was sounding like a whiner, and I should be thrilled to be going in tomorrow. And really, I am! I was just so disappointed to not be going at the crack of dawn! I wanted to roll out of bed, go to the hospital and be under before I even knew it! Your comments are encouraging, though, and I agree. We will be BABES by this summer! I don't think I'll ever get back to my old bikini, but that's okay. I just want to feel great again and lose that blasted sleep apnea. Best of luck to you. I will be posting again soon, and I'll be able to encourage you on your trip to the other side! Hugs, Barb
Talnkiss
on 1/26/04 6:07 am - Robbinsville, nj
Oh Good Luck tom I had mine surgery 3 weeks ago exactly the same time of day on a Tuesday. I had to be at the hospiatl 2 hours early. Kept saying to my husband "lets leave & go out to lunch"!!!! It went faster then I thought it would. Don't forget to ask for a pillow under your legs for your back not to hurt. You will do great
Barbara M.
on 1/26/04 6:52 am - Delran, NJ
Hehe - you made me laugh! I'm sure I'll be feeling like lunch around noon myself! Thanks for the pillow tip, because I definitely don't want my back to hurt. Keep doing what you should do, and I'll let you know how I'm doing post-op. Hugs, Barb
Patti S.
on 1/26/04 7:53 am - North Haledon, NJ
Barbara: Thanks for the response yeah I wish I could get back into a bikini. However, I have never owned one. But I sexy one piece would do. Anyway keep us informed. I will be thinking of you tell your husband to email me and let me know how you did. My email address is [email protected]. I will be home all day and night 12+ inches of snow starting tom. YIPEE!. Good Luck God bless you! Patti
Georgette C.
on 1/27/04 7:07 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Barb, I hope all went well today with your surgery. Welcome to the lighter side. Good wishes and prayers for a quick recovery. HUGS, Georgette
Most Active
Recent Topics