Operating Engineers 825

beach_37
on 1/26/04 3:48 am - Belvidere, NJ
Has anyone had any experience with this insurance? Your help would be great. Where do I start, do I find a doctor first or contact my insurance first? Thanks in advance!
Laura H.
on 1/26/04 4:23 am - Belford, NJ
Hi Jean I'm new here and only starting this journey also. What I did was contact my insurance company to make sure they covered it then they sent me my new provider book and told me to look under surgeons. Then I called all the local ones to see who performed the gastric bypass. I found one who sounded good and I have my oriention on Feb 4 th. GOOD LUCK Laura
dpnna
on 1/26/04 8:58 am - w. orange, nj
I agree - check with your insurance company first-- that they actually do cover the surgery and what their requirements are, ask for a list of qualified surgeons in the area and call - see if they have a free seminar or support group you can attend - to see if you like the MD and of course make the consultation appointment. Good luck!
Patti S.
on 1/27/04 6:36 am - North Haledon, NJ
Read your hand book of explanation of bemefits that is where I got all my info. That helped me with all that I needed to do for my approval. look under exclusions in the book see if it says anything about service for weight loss. Mine did then it said right after that except if your body is a least 2 x's the amount allowed according to the metropolitan life tables. Patti NJ union local 734 2/17/04
Georgette C.
on 1/27/04 7:18 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Jean, I also agree, start with your ins. co. first. Make sure you find out what they require in order to approve the surgery. Work with your regular Physician to find out who the best surgeon is in your area, they will usually help recommend someone. GOOD LUCK TO YOU, Georgette
beach_37
on 2/3/04 10:26 pm - Belvidere, NJ
Thanks for all of your help!
Most Active
Recent Topics