I GAINED 2 PDS, had surgery 3 weeks ago??????

Talnkiss
on 1/25/04 12:03 pm - Robbinsville, nj
Ok, This is just to much to handle. I went away this weekend and YES I did eat different things like. 3 scallops, 2 shrimp for dinner. Soup another day for lunch but it was just a few bites. Came home and I gained 2 pds??? And I walked alot??? Is this normal??????? HELP Let me just say that even if I ate alittle more then what I have been, it was NOT ALOT. Can't be?????? What happened to eating alittle what others eat??? I used to eat SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!! FREAKING OUT!!!!!!
JC N.
on 1/25/04 3:20 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Sharon! Calm down sometimes it does happen. . .I had the same thing happening after I had my surgery. . .it will straighten out. . .remember your body went thourgh a terrific assault. . .things are still swollen so just stick to the protocol your surgeon gave you. . .call me if you'd like to talk and hang in there!!! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
Denise W.
on 1/26/04 1:44 am - Maple Shade, NJ
More than likely what happened was you burned all those calories with your walking. And since your body is still adjusting to the severe reduction in calories, went in "starvation mode". This will cause it to retain fluids and hold onto weight. You'll see a drop in the next week or so, just keep eating. Denise
Krissy
on 1/26/04 11:25 pm - Cranford, NJ
Dont freak out!!! I know how frustrating this can be (and it happened to me a lot) but I agree with Denise...You will be fine...Dont let that scale start to rule you! Even though it is our friend right now...It can still be evill!!! LOL I am surprised that you can tolerate eating scallops & shrimp already! Good for you! ~Kristin
Georgette C.
on 1/27/04 7:30 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Sharon, Don't give it a second thought. The fact you were able to go away eat out and WALK is a huge accomplishment in it self. I am so proud of you. I know any time I eat shell fish I retain fluids. DON'T worry you are doing GREAT!!! Stay off the scale for a few days. HUGS Georgette
Irene S.
on 1/28/04 9:35 am - NJ
The only other thing that I can add to what has already been said if that if you ate restaurant food, it is possible the high salt content caused you to retain water. Don't worry, it'll come off irene
filloreta B.
on 1/30/04 6:23 am - lodi, nj
i have to agree ur body goes through stages and dont forget if ur getting ur period, or eat salty ull gain water weight
Most Active
Recent Topics