My First Plateau

jlewisjr
on 1/23/04 2:55 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: After 18 weeks of losing I have finally arrived at my first plateau. I did not lose anything last week but I did not gain anything either. I know that from reading posts from people that have experienced plateaus, they have a tendancy to become frustrated over the lack of movement in their weight. As for me, I am neither frustrated or discouraged. I look at it this way. My surgeon set a goal of a 120 pound weight loss and I have lost 126 pounds since my surgery in September, 2003. I figure that right now I am 6 pounds ahead of the game. I'm only 22 pounds away from my high school playing weight and after running into some of the guys I played with in high school last week, and comparing me to them, I look the best. I know that plateaus are part of the deal as I continue on my weight loss journey and I know that it will not last forever. I am healthier and happier now so a little bump in the road is not a big deal in the overall scheme of things. The plateau will break and the weight loss will continue so why worry about something I knew would happen. Till next time, Jesse 373/247/-126
Georgette C.
on 1/23/04 4:24 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Jesse, Your doing great and like you said your way ahead of the game. There is an 18 month window to lose. Look what you've achieved in 4 months!! If you keep up at that rate we won't see you!!! The most important thing is how you feel. The rest will come in time..... Keep up the great work and ENJOY the fruits of your labor..... Georgette
Barbara M.
on 1/23/04 6:44 am - Delran, NJ
Hey there, Jesse. You have got to be the poster buy for WLS! You have done so well, and you have a tremendous attitude! I know you're going to reach your high school playing weight before long, but most importantly, you've taken charge of your health. Continued success to you! Kudos! Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics