Could Use Prayers For Patience

Patti B.
on 1/22/04 12:50 pm - Rockaway, NJ
Got everything in order, all ready to see my surgeon for the first time, and was told I could probably get a date next month. One last thing to do - psyche eval. This was my most confident area - been there, done that for years. Then the shock when she declined to recommend me for surgery - says "I'm not ready." I sobbed for two days when my surgeon's office canceled my appt based on her evaluation. Now it will take at least two months to do everything she wants me to do, make another appt with her and hope she passes me through at that time. Then wait for another date. I'm very tired and disappointed right now. Patti Biringer
NJChick
on 1/23/04 1:32 am - NJ
I would call the psych and ask for an appointment. I would ask her why she thinks you are not ready (and please listen and go there with an open mind). This is a huge undertaking and the surgeons want to make sure you are mentally prepared to deal with this. If you are not happy with her reasoning then go for a second opinion. Based on you location, I would assume you went to Bertha/Abkins. I bet they could recommend another psych... Good luck!
Barbara M.
on 1/23/04 1:33 am - Delran, NJ
Patti - You will be in my prayers. Barb
Georgette C.
on 1/23/04 4:36 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Patti, I would definitely agree to get another opinion. It is a very important part of the process to be mentally prepared. What did she suggest to be better prepared for surgery? My prayers are with you good luck. Georgette
jlewisjr
on 1/23/04 9:31 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Patti: I would definately ask why she says you're not ready. Also, if your surgeon uses another phycharist I would make an appointment. I know that you're disapointed right now but hang in there and don't give up. Jesse
filloreta B.
on 1/30/04 6:31 am - lodi, nj
I had the same problem, what Psych did U see, the first psych i saw declined me because she said i wasnt telling her enough, first she was rude and second i didnt know her, so my surgeon cancelled my date, so i asked if i could see another dr and he said yes, and i did and the second psych said i was fine so my surgery went on. I can give u the psychs name if u want shes great
Patti B.
on 1/30/04 8:21 am - Rockaway, NJ
Thanks so much for your concern. She did give me a list of things I had to do, and I've been working on them. Still can't say I agree with her evaluation but I figure there's a reason why things were slowed down - and God may be the only one who knows that reason. I go back to her in three weeks for re-eval. If she denies me again I get to go to another person according to the director of the bariatric center. I'll keep everyone's offers and suggestions in mind too. Thanks again. Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics