Started the journey

LILLIAN H.
on 1/21/04 7:42 am - PATERSON, NJ
I finally started my journey, I meet with my surgeon and almost finish with all of my testing. I feel very nervous because I am considered borderline but, I have serveral of the co-morbidities. I have Health Net as my primary and secondary insurance and I don't know if they will approve my surgery. Can anyone help. I attended my first support meeting but no that was there could help me.
Krissy
on 1/21/04 10:42 pm - Cranford, NJ
I just wanted to congratulate you on taking the first step in your journey!! I am not familiar with Health Net, but It cant hurt to call them to see what their criteria for approval is. Just get used to sitting on hold Good Luck! ~Kristin
jlewisjr
on 1/22/04 9:24 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Lillian: Congratulations on taking the first step in what promises to be a wonderful journey to a new life. I agree with everyone about contacting Health Net to find out their policy for approving surgery. That way you can prepare and will not be thrown any "curve balls" during the process. All the best to you and remember, every journey begins my taking the first step. Jesse
LILLIAN H.
on 1/23/04 2:09 am - PATERSON, NJ
Thanks to all that took time to help me out. God Bless
Georgette C.
on 1/23/04 5:09 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Lillian, Congratulations!! I also agree get on the phone right away and find out what there criteria is for the surgery. Also try to get it in writing. I had CIGNA and had a real problem with them. They kept changing the requirements. Some INS. carriers now want 6 month supervised diets etc;etc; The most important thing I learned was not to take no for an answer and don't give up. GOOD LUCK.... Georgette
Marcy S.
on 1/23/04 11:43 am - Madison, NJ
My roommate had thew same insurance, she didn't say she had any trouble. We were in Saint Barnabas, with Dr. Nussbaum. We had surgery 1/20. Good luck Marcy
Most Active
Recent Topics