A Question for you Veterans of WLS

Barbara M.
on 1/19/04 10:38 pm - Delran, NJ
What should I plan on wearing after the surgery? My surgery will be done open, so I will have the big incision. Will elastic waisted pants put too much pressure on the incision? Should I pick up a few loose-fitting dresses or something before my surgery? (which is next Tuesday, January 27, by the way!) Barb
SeaShoreClams H.
on 1/19/04 10:58 pm - Jersey City, NJ
I also had my surgery open. To be honest I spent most of my time nakie. *blush* and even at times I wore an over-sized t-shirt.
lorien
on 1/20/04 1:20 am - morris county, nj
I'd assume you're going to be hanging around the house for a bit . . . perhaps just a big fluffy robe for a few days, then as you heal maybe something like sweats? or cotton pj bottoms? You're probably going to be ok with anything soft.
Linda 1.
on 1/20/04 10:42 am - Northern, NJ
I hung out in sweats and denim jumpers....the only item of clothing that bothered me was the bra, it hit right on the top of the incision....I used a soft sports bra when i had to put on something. (they are cheap, $4-5 at Walmart)I have also heard of people using sanitary napkins to pad where their bra hits the incision. Just think comfort, you really should have no problems.
SAVAGE
on 1/20/04 1:37 pm - Howell, NJ
I am not sure what size you take, but Fashion bug has great gowns cotton weight up to size 32. My sister had a hystrectomy and they fit here and she is 350. Anyway, I love thrie gowns, comfortable yet you could actually anwser the door in it if need be as they look like a tee shirt weigt. Love the gowns, lots of times they have them buy one get one half price. Check it out, they wash great tumble dry and last a long time, good quality. I live in them when I am off. I also had hystoretomy in 1999 had abdominal open and they were the best for me as well. I think you will be pleased. Joycelyn
Barbara M.
on 1/21/04 3:13 am - Delran, NJ
Thank you, ladies! Your input is most appreciated! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics