Mini update on me

Krissy
on 1/17/04 10:22 am - Cranford, NJ
I would like to share with you all that my 1 year blood work has come back PERFECT!! I must be doing something right!! I am down a totall of -154 lbs!! Feeling great. I've come along way baby!! In September I joined an adult jazz dance class at my daughters school and will be performing in my very first dance recital!!!! I know...I cant believe it myself!! Last year I never would have thought I would be doing the things I am doing now!!! Life is just incredible, now that I am living it! Thanks for listening! ~Kristin
Georgette C.
on 1/17/04 10:53 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Kristin, Your post couldn't have come at a better time!! I just finished posting my update and started getting upset, why did I do this?? Staples pinching, feeling bloated, sleep deprived but no where to sleep that I can get comfy, wheezey with head hunger. Then I read your post and I remembered to focus on whats to come. I'm so happy for you. You certainly have come along way....Enjoy that dance recital and break a leg!!! Congratulations!!! Georgette
Krissy
on 1/18/04 5:54 am - Cranford, NJ
Georgette, Thank you for your kind words. Im glad I could put a smile in your heart! There is a life ahead of you that is totally amazing. Now dont get me wrong...I did have a few small bumps in the road but if it wasnt for the support that I get on here, from my family and friends and the MBC support group I would not be able to get through it. As they always say....this too shall soon pass! Feel better and have a great week! ~Kristin
jlewisjr
on 1/18/04 12:11 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Kristin: Glad to hear that your blood is perfect and you're feeling great. Enjoy your recital, have fun and keep living life to the fullest. Jesse
Krissy
on 1/18/04 5:56 am - Cranford, NJ
Jesse, Thank you for your support! It means so much to me! you are looking great too! Keep up the good work! ~Kristin
Barbara M.
on 1/18/04 3:22 am - Delran, NJ
Your message came at a great time for me, as well. I am anticipating my surgery on January 27. I am a bundle of nerves. My dear husband and children are very supportive of me, as are most of the friends with whom I have chosen to share my plans. I have tried to tell only those who I knew would be supportive. My biggest problem now is that we have a close friend who is a physician in Pennsylvania, and he is totally against me having this surgery. He and his wife, who is my oldest friend, want to meet with me this week to talk me out of it. I am totally committed to the surgery and will not be dissuaded, but their disapproval feels like a giant cloud over my head right now. I am going to print out your email, along with some others to show to them when we get together. Yes, we are going to meet with them, out of respect for our friendship, but my husband and I are going to be very clear with them that we have made this decision, we appreciate their concern, but we now need them to stand with us and be supportive. I pray that I will have an equally glowing report to give them very soon. Congratulations, Kristin!
Krissy
on 1/18/04 6:00 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi Barbara, Thank you for your support and kind words also! You are in a tough situation. I have found in the past that people who are against this surgery are usually uneducated about it, this includes dr's too. Along with your letters maybe you could also get him a book on WLS. There are a lot of good ones out there. But if you feel this is going to hinder your friendship maybe you should just agree to disagree. I wish you lots of luck with this and keep us posted! ~Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics