Insurance approval for Health Net???HELP!!!

Mary R.
on 1/12/04 1:37 pm - Easton, PA
I am trying to get approval from Health Net. They say it has to be medically necessary and I need to get authorization. I do not have many of the medical problems they seem to require, but I am considered morbidly obese. I also do not have medically documented or supervised proof that I tried other weight loss programs before. I have been on every diet, tried every pill, program, etc. out there on my own, but never under a Dr. supervision that was documented. What proof are they looking for and how many medical problems do I have to have to get approval? Some advice would be great!! Thanks!
BarbC
on 1/13/04 2:24 am - Hawthorne, NJ
Mary, I just got approval through HealthNet and they no longer require the medically supervised weight loss or the psychological approval. The only things that I submitted were: 1. Letter from PCP stating that surgery is medically necessary 2. Letter from me detailing weight loss struggles along with diet history documented in the letter. 3. Letter from my dad (surgeon's office said to get as many letters as I could) 4. Copy of blood test results for TSH (it's a thyroid test). That's it - I was approved in 20 minutes.... Best of luck with getting your approval. You can e-mail me if you have any additional questions. Thanks! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics