A Neat Idea

SeaShoreClams H.
on 1/9/04 2:38 am - Jersey City, NJ
I have a neat idea I want to share with everyone. Since I had my surgery, I have been throwing away food left and right. It's such a waste of food and money. So I decided to buy the food saver. Now the idea is to buy meat wholesale, such as BJs or Sams Club, and use the food saver. Also I think it's a good idea to cook a huge dinner, such as beef roasts, chili, turkey...etc. Then slice, lets say the beef roast, into several serving portions with some veggies. Place the food onto a disposable plate and just suck all the air out and freeze. So when it's dinner or lunch time, just make a little slit, and heat it up in the microwave and ta-da. A healthy dinner/lunch without the fuss of cooking everyday. I am sorry but those lean cuisines is getting expensive quick. So that is tons of money saved and food.
lorien
on 1/9/04 4:23 am - morris county, nj
that's a wonderful idea!
Krissy
on 1/10/04 2:25 am - Cranford, NJ
That is a great idea but for me, even at a year out, I still can not tolerate re-heated beef or poultry. (Chili sometimes). Anyone know if that ever goes away? I speak to a lot of people who have this problem too. ~Kristin
Lisa M.
on 1/10/04 8:31 am - Hamilton, NJ
I have the same problem. My pouch can't handle anything reheated at all.... I wi**** could...sometimes leftovers are better than 'firstovers'!
Most Active
Recent Topics