Trouble with food

seah2os
on 1/5/04 9:39 am - Toms River, NJ
This is the first time I am asking a question, so I hope you wont think I am being silly. I had my surgery 11/13/03 and followed the modified liquid diet with no problems (except for a bad experience with scrambled eggs). When the doctor put me on the modified solid diet is when my troubles began. I can not keep anything down. Well, the food actually does not come back up, but I get nauseous and major spit comes up. I tried eating more slowly, but it doesnt matter. Plus to add insult to injury, I only lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks - it is making me crazy. I was doing so well before, and now I hit this snag. I am not eating anywhere near 1000 calories, so I have no idea what the problem could be. I did just join Curves, so hopefully that will kick start the losing trend again. I would appreciate any suggestions you might be able to give me. Thanks!
Krissy
on 1/5/04 12:41 pm - Cranford, NJ
Hiya Carolyn! Please know that there is never ever a silly or stupid question! I know how frustrating it can be when you are transitioning to new foods. Just remember to treat your pouch like an infants tummy. It does take some of us a little longer to be able to tolerate a more solid menu of food. Usually that foamy feeling in the back of your throat is from eating/drinking to fast. Take very very very small bites. It is possible you are swallowing too much food at one time. If you are not already try eating with a baby spoon, and put the spoon down between bites. Try not to get discourged with the weight loss number, we all hit little snags on the journey, but they too will soon pass. Good luck with curves and if you need anything please feel free to call me 732-882-1155 ~Kristin
SeaShoreClams H.
on 1/5/04 1:33 pm - Jersey City, NJ
I completely know how you feel. The truth is some foods you may not be ready to take. Basically many months after your surgery it's a trail and error. I had many of them :/ However I made myself a rule that worksout fairly well. The 10 second rule. Once I chewed and swallowed I give myself 10 seconds befor I put another small size bite in my mouth. It helps you to learn to take small bites and to eat slowly (but not too slowly now). Trying foods after the surgery is just so fustrating. Matter of fact I got sick a couple of hours ago from food I have eaten before. Still not too sure why I got sick. I guess my stomach is tempermental. gggrrr
Most Active
Recent Topics