REALLY SCARED

Talnkiss
on 12/28/03 8:42 am - Robbinsville, nj
Hi all, Just 8 days away and I have a little cold and sore throat. I am petrified of having the surgery and thought maybe everyone can just TELL ME NOT TO WORRY!!!! I suppose this is quite normal right?? I keep thinking maybe my inner brain is telling me something???
jlewisjr
on 12/28/03 11:39 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Sharon: Everyone feels a little anexiety the closer you get to surgery so what you're feeling is normal. Just try to relax and remember that you have traveled this far and made the commitment to have surgery. You're on the train to weight loss success so it's no time to jump off before you reach your destination. Don't worry, put your faith in the man upstairs and your doctor and you will be just fine. All the best to you!!! Jesse
JC N.
on 12/28/03 1:16 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Sharon! It is very natural to be having this type of anxiety. . .it is a big step you are taking. . .you will be begining a new journey in your life. . .it will change your life as it has changed mine. . .for the better!!! I am healthier now than I have been in a very long time. . .please e me your phone and I'll give you a call. . .try not to worry. . .everything will be fine. . .you will be in my thoughts and prayers too!!! Take care!!! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
cheryl H.
on 12/29/03 1:48 am - Mount Arlington, nj
Hi Sharon, I know how you feel my surgery date is Jan. 19th and I am now absolutely terrified. I know I am doing the right thing and I am not second guessing my decision but surgery is so scary. I wish you all the best and GOOD LUCK!!!
Krissy
on 12/29/03 2:27 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi Sharon!! Just wanted to let you know your feelings are totally normal! I know everyone goes through this stage. You have 8 days until your life will totally change, forever. This will be the best decision you will ever make. We will all be doing the Happy Dance for you when you cross over! Have a safe trip!! ~Kristin S.
Georgette C.
on 12/29/03 3:08 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Hi Sharon, I know how you feel I have my surgery on 1/12 and I'm also very nervous. I think because it's still concidered elective surgery we start second guessing our orginal reasons for having the surgery in the first place. Try to stay calm and think of all the great things we will be able to do when we're on the lighter side....My good wishes and prayers are with you. See you on the LIGHTER SIDE !! Keep us posted. Hugs, Georgette
JC N.
on 12/29/03 8:38 am - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Georgette! Hang in there . . .these feelings are completely normal. . .give me a call and maybe we can get together before the 12th since we live so close. . .you'll be in my thoughts and prayers too! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
MargaretCrowl
on 12/29/03 6:16 am - Somerset, NJ
Hi Sharon, My date is also approaching (January 12) and I share the feeling of being a bit nervous. I am applying a technique I invented that I call "substitute worrying." Instead of worrying about the surgery itself, I am channeling my worry energy into dumb stuff. For the past few days I have been worrying about whether or not I should bring my own pillow to the hospital. I am also remembering back many years ago when I had planned to go to grad school for a year in Scotland. Just before I was supposed to go, I suddenly got terrified. What if I don't make any friends? What if I can't handle the classes? What if there's no heat in my room? What if they have nothing to eat but haggis. I got so scared I almost didn't go. But I went...and guess what...I had a great time!!! If I could re-live a year in my life, that would be it. The moral of the story is, just because you are scared about something doesn't mean it won't turn out great. We're all afraid of change. That's it. You'll do fine.
Carrie C.
on 12/29/03 8:47 am - North Plainfield, NJ
Sharon, I am also scheduled for January 6th Morristown Memorial Hospital. I am also very nervous. I know that everything will be fine. We have come a long way and moments of anxiety are normal. Email me if you need to talk. Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics