Anyone gotten approved thru HealthNet?

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/03 10:48 am
Hello everyone! I tried getting approved thru HealthNet (previously known as PHS) a couple of years ago, but was denied due to insuficient documented weight loss attempts (as if no fat woman ever tried to diet!!!) This month I decided to call my surgeon's office to inquire about what insurance companies are more likely to approve me, seeing that I could change carriers before the year was over. To my surprise I was told that HealthNet has changed their criteria and has been very favorable lately! I was wondering if this was true... How was your experience in dealing with HealthNet? Thanks again and wish me luck!!!
Georgette C.
on 12/27/03 8:29 pm - Princeton Junction, NJ
Hi Star, Good Luck to you with your ins carrier. I'm not sure about Healthnet but I will tell you stay away from Cigna. I had a really hard time getting approved...Luckily finally I was approved. Give it another try, it's worth the fight.... Best of luck Georgette
kedmo B.
on 12/29/03 7:29 am - toms river, NJ
Not sure about HealthNet, but I have United Health Care, and had no problems.
blank first name B.
on 12/30/03 10:02 am
RNY on 11/11/03 with
Hi Star, I have Health Net HMO and did not have any trouble getting approved. My doctors nurse told me to make sure I had all of the following documentation before she would fax the auth. request. One year documented weight from PCP. Any notes that my PCP had on file from me for the past year. I had a heart attack two years ago so I also had to have a letter from my Cardiologist. I also made sure I saw all of the other doctors they required before she faxed the request. Health Net approved my surgery the day after the request was made. I don't know if I just got lucky or if they figured they would save money on me in the long run with all the Medication and regular doctor visits.LOL. Good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Caroline.
BarbC
on 12/31/03 4:38 am - Hawthorne, NJ
Star, I am currently going through the approval process (I just faxed my information to the surgeon's office today). The person that submits the paperwork to insurance has told me that HealthNet is actually reducing the documentation required for approval. You no longer need the psychological clearance. I was told that a letter from your doctor, a blood test showing TSH (thyroid), and a letter from you with your previous weight loss attempts (what diet, how long you were on it, weight lost and weight regained). Also, my surgeon's office said that they had someone approved in as little as 20 minutes last week! Sounds promising... Good Luck, Barb
(deactivated member)
on 1/1/04 1:06 am
I wanted to thank you all for your replies. It's wonderful to see there are indeed nice, caring people in the world! I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
BarbC
on 1/4/04 10:49 pm - Hawthorne, NJ
Star, Just wanted to let you know that my surgeon's office (Dr. Capella) submitted my paperwork on Friday morning, and I was approved by Friday afternoon! It seems as though HealthNet is really on board with this surgery, as they are approving patients left and right (so my surgeon's office says). Best of luck!!! Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics