I NEED HELP DECIDING ON A DR.

DEBORAH P.
on 12/21/03 11:32 pm - BAYONNE, NJ
Hi, I am in the process on selecting a Dr. Can anyone tell me about Dr Nusbaum from West Orange or Dr. Ward somerville / Morristown. I would like to hear good and bad.
Patti S.
on 12/22/03 2:21 am - North Haledon, NJ
Deborah Dr. Christopher Kollar is doing my surgery he is in Saddle Brooke he is a wonderful person very caring and helpful. I can not help you with the other Dr. good luck with your journey.
Catherine S.
on 12/22/03 10:17 am - Randolph, NJ
My surgeon was Dr. Ward and I must tell you he is wonderful. He answered all my questions and he is so sincere. He will also be performing surgery on my husband. He seems a little nerdy, but he is very caring and very detailed.
Nannette
on 12/22/03 10:18 pm - Toms River, NJ
I've heard nothing but good things about Dr Nussbaum -- In fact, he was my 2nd choice as a surgeon if things hadn't worked out with my first choice. He has a dedicated following on an online support group as well as a physical support group. I don't know anything about Dr Ward. My Dr was Dr Heather McMullen from United Surgical in Staten Island. She and Dr Jeffrey Nicastro work as a team doing RNY, DS and Lapband procedures. I had a Lap RNY on 6/16/03 and am down 111 pounds! I think they are great!
Carol07052
on 12/23/03 12:23 am - West Orange, NJ
I did not use him but I've only heard good things. I needded open and use DrBale out UMDNJ and she was very nice. I had my surgery 12/15
MzMarly9
on 12/27/03 7:36 am - Whippany, NJ
Hi Deborah...I too am in the process of choosing a surgeon. I went for a consultation with Dr. Nusbaum about a week ago and had nothing but good thoughts and feelings after walking out of his office. I haven't heard too much about Dr. Ward, I was also exploring Drs. Bertha and Abkins. But Dr. Nusbaum was very matter of fact, confident, took time to answer my questions, and did not make me feel like a number, which was important to me. Good luck to you. Marla
Carole A.
on 12/30/03 10:30 am - NJ
RNY on 04/20/04 with
I am very curious: How long did it take for you to get an appointment for a consultation? When I called last week they told me I could have a consultation in April! Did you also have to wait four months? That is ludicrous!
DEBORAH P.
on 1/6/04 4:43 am - BAYONNE, NJ
I had to wait three or four months to see Dr. Nusbaum. He is a very nice DR. I have decided to have my surgery with him. I know the wait is very long. I am not sure why it takes so long to have a consult with him. I think he has limited office hours. I might be wrong. Good luck..
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/03 10:37 am
Hi Deborah! The only doctor I've been to has been Dr.Capella. I absolutely loved him and his staff, they all seem very caring and friendly. He's been doing this procedure for years, and what I like best is that along with the bypass he also puts a lap-band, which helps you feel fuller sooner and longer. His office is located in Ramsey and performs surgery in Hackensack. Here's his website, in case you're intererested... http://www.capellasurgery.com/surgery/index.php My best friend had her surgery done by doctor Binotti, she says he's a wonderful surgeon, but his bedside manners leave a lot to be desired. Don't think that should matter much, you're looking for a knowlegeable doctor, not a best friend. I wish you luck in your search!!!
MargaretCrowl
on 12/29/03 6:26 am - Somerset, NJ
I work at Morristown Memorial and know a number of co-workers who have had Dr. Ward. They all speak well of him and are happy with their results. I don't know him personally but I've heard he is very nice. I am scheduled for January 12 with Dr. Abkin. Drs. Abkin and Bertha between them do the majority of the bariatric surgeries here and their volume is the highest in the state. My own physician strongly recommended that I choose one of these two because of their volume. There are variations on how each surgeon does the procedure, mostly based upon research and their own trial and error. The more surgeries they do, the more they learn what works and what doesn't. Drs. Abkin and Bertha have really perfected this surgery. I chose Dr. Abkin because the nurses told me he has a slightly lower complication rate and I feel more comfortable with him personally. (I like his quirky sense of humor.) Whatever surgeon you decide on, I hope you will come to Morristown. It's really a good hospital and the nurses will treat you like gold.
Most Active
Recent Topics